Services in Puurijärvi and Isosuo National Park
Customer Service and Guidance
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
- Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park
- They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the national park.
Meals, where to Buy and Prepare
Cafés, Restaurants and Catering Services
- In the National Park area, there are no cafés, restaurants or shops. The nearest shops are located about 7 km from the park in the town of Huittinen (huittinen.fi).
- Information about catering services can be found on the webpages of the towns of Kokemäki (kokemaki.fi), Huittinen (huittinen.fi) and Sastamala (sastamala.fi)
There are a campfire site in the National Park on the bank of Ala-Kauvatsanjoki River. There are table and benches at the campfire site.
Please note that there are no firewood at the campfire site.
Please note that lighting campfires is also forbidden at campfire sites if the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi). This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a shelter and a flue.
- There is drinking water available in the nature information hut.
- There are no waste-bins in the forest. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet or composter, and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. Take all other waste out of the area.
- Read more about Hiking without Littering.
There are dry toilets on the parking areas of Kärjenkallio and Isosuo, and near the campfire site by Ala-Kauvatsanjoki River.
- Camping out temporarily is allowed in the vicinity of Ala-Kouvatsanjoki campfire site.
- The beginning of the trail leading from Kärjenkallio parking area to the bird watching tower is suited for use by disabled visitors. At the end of the easy to travel portion of the trail there is a lookout platform. The lookout platform is 400 m from the parking area. The toilet at Kärjenkallio parking area was also designed taking disabled visitors into consideration.
Services for Boaters
There are boat stages by the campfire place along the river Ala-Kauvatsanjoki.