Seitseminen Nature Centre
Welcome to Seitseminen Nature Centre
The Seitseminen Nature Centre is a treasure trove of nature information and a year-round base for hikers. Its exhibitions take you on a hike through the deep forest. You can also enjoy a cup of coffee. The Nature Centre provides restaurant services, guidance and topical hiking tips for you and your group.
Suitability: Suitable for the whole family, hikers, student groups of all ages, and other groups. The main exhibition, auditorium and café are accessible for wheelchairs. Also pets are welcome.
Opening Hours in 2023
- New entrepreneur SEITA Elämyspalvelut (seitaelamys.fi) has started.
- In April:
- Sat – Sun 10 am-6 pm
- From May to September:
- Mon -Sun 10 am -6 pm
- Rental equipment like fatbikes and equipment for hiking are available.
Seitseminen Nature Centre SEITA Elämyspalvelut (seitaelamys.fi, in Finnish)
Address: Seitsemisentie 110, 34530 Länsi-Aure (Ylöjärvi), Finland
Metsähallitus / Customer Service
Telefone: 0206 39 5270 ( Mon to Fri 9 am to 3 pm)
Things to Do and See
Permanent exhibition, Näädänpiha playground, Runokangas nature trail.
Exhibition, cafe, restaurant, accommodation, accessible toilet at the Nature Centre. Services provided by partners are available.
Directions and Maps
Seitseminen Nature Centre parking area (Kulomäki), Seitsemisentie 110, 34530 Länsi-Aure (Ylöjärvi). Ylöjärvi should be used as the place name in navigation devices instead of Ikaalinen. Space for approximately 43 cars. Winter maintenance.
- There are four charging points (Type2) for electric cars at the parking place of Nature Centre. Payment with eParking mobile app: 1€ starting fee, after that 1€/hour (3,6 kWh). There are also Schuko plugs at the charging points so it´s possible to charge electric bikes.
- There are three electric parking spaces for caravans at the parking place of Nature Centre. Payment for the space is 5€/24 hours. Reservation from the entrepreneur of Nature Centre. Payment for the electric is made through the eParking mobile app: 1€ starting fee, after that 0,28€/kWh.
By Public Transportation
Outdoor Express buses operate from Tampere via Ylöjärvi to Seitseminen National Park in July-August.
Buses (matkahuolto.fi) operate from Parkano and Kuru to Länsi-Aure (approx. 1 km from the Seitseminen Nature Centre) on school days.
The closest railway station (vr.fi) is in Parkano (26 km from the Seitseminen Nature Centre).
This is the web page nationalparks.fi/seitseminennaturecentre
The Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe awards the European Diploma for Protected Areas (coe.int) to particularly valuable and well-maintained nature reserves in Europe.
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.