Services in Liminka Bay Visitor Centre and in Liminka Bay area
Liminka Bay Visitor Centre
- Information on the natural features and outdoor recreation opportunities in the Liminka Bay area and the nearby region.
- Reservations can be made at the visitor centre's customer service
- Binoculars can be borrowed for free when visiting the nearby bird-watching tower
- For sale: books, posters, binoculars, art and other products.
- The hotel-restaurant (liminganlahti.fi)
- WLAN is available to customers.
- The meeting facilities and the auditorium can be rented for meetings. More information on the facilities (visitliminka.fi).
Café and Restaurant Services
- A 55-seater restaurant that has space for 170 customers when necessary. Our menu offers something for every palate. Don't forget to get a cup of coffee and try our delicacies before flying back to your own nest!
- Tasty meals for groups. Please book your lunch in advance.
- Open Mon-Sun in April-October, otherwise usually only in weekends.
- Nature trail to the bird watching tower (650 m)
- Coastal meadow trail (650 m)
- No winter maintenance on trails
- There is a wheelchair ramp to the visitor centre.
- You can borrow a wheelchair from the visitor centre for the duration of your visit.
- There are two accessible parking spaces in the parking area.
- The visitor centre has an accessible toilet.
- The auditorium accommodates several wheelchairs at a time.
- The exhibition is accessible by wheelchair.
- The café has room for about twenty wheelchairs at a time. Meals for groups, requires booking in advance. We will accommodate your special dietary needs.
- There is an accessible dry toilet in the parking area.
- Close to the visitor centre, you will find the Virkkula birdwatching tower, which is accessible by wheelchair.
- There is no winter maintenance on the trails.
Guided Group Tours
The guided tours are free of charge for Finnish kindergarten, preschool and school groups. Please book the guided tours in advance from the Visitor Centre customer service.
Guided Birdwatching Tours for adult groups can be booked from Hotel-Restaurant Liminganlahti.
Services Provided by the Cooperation Parties in the Liminka Bay Area
- The cooperating enterprises offer excellent café, restaurant, accommodation and programme services at the visitor centre and in the Liminka Bay area.
Hiking and Outdoor Services in Liminka Bay
The campfire sites are located close to the birdwatching towers and are maintained by Liminka and Lumijoki municipalities and by The Oulu Parish Union.
- The Virkkula campfire site next to the visitor centre (Liminka)
- The Puhkiavanperä campfire site (Lumijoki)
- The Temmesjoki campfire site (Liminka)
- The Papinkari campfire site (The Oulu Parish Union)
- The Sannanlahti campfire site (Lumijoki)
- There are several shops in the Liminka Bay area, where you can buy snacks for your excursion.
- If a forest fire warning is in effect, the lighting of a fire is only allowed in fireplaces that are located in cooking shelters. When a forest fire warning is in effect, the lighting of campfires is forbidden, even at the campfire sites. For additional information about lighting campfires at designated spots, see the more detailed instructions in the section Hiking in Finland.
- You must bring your own drinking water. You may fill your water bottle at the Liminganlahti Visitor Centre.
- Read about the drinking water tips in the section Hiking in Finland.
Apart from the Liminka Bay Visitor Centre, there are no waste bins in the area. We kindly request visitors to take their litter away with them. Every hiker has a responsibility to recycle their waste. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a toilet or a composter if available, small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. Read more about Hiking without littering.
- There is a recycling point at the Liminganlahti Visitor Centre for cardboard, glass, metal and paper.
- The Liminganlahti Visitor Centre has a toilet, as well as an accessible toilet (including a babycare table).
- There is a dry toilet in the visitor centre's yard.
- There are accommodation services and a camping ground in the Liminka Bay area. Read more about accommodation (visitliminka.fi).
Pitching a Tent
- There are no designated tent sites in the yard of the Liminka Bay Visitor Centre. Enquire at the visitor centre.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- You can find information on the other services in the area on Liminka's website (visitliminka.fi).