Accessibility statement on the Nationalparks.fi website
Metsähallitus aims to guarantee the accessibility of the Nationalparks.fi website in accordance with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services 306/2019 (Finlex.fi).
This accessibility statement applies to the Nationalparks.fi website. Nationalparks.fi was launched in 2004 and updated on 1 October 2020.
The Nationalparks.fi website partially meets the requirements of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) level 2.1 AA. Non-compliance and exceptions to the requirements are explained below.
The content mentioned below cannot be accessed for the following reasons:
Failure to comply with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019)
- Some images and image links have inadequate text matches. (WCAG criteria 1.1.1, 2.4.4)
- Carousel images not accessible with a screen reader. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- Some pages have images that are incorrectly interpreted as titles by the screen reader (WCAG 1.3.1).
- The page contains links to social media platforms administered by Parks & Wildlife Finland (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), where videos can occur that does not comply with the requirements for accessibility. The essential information can be found in an accessible format at the webpage Nationalparks.fi. The accessibility of the videos is under continuous improvement. (WCAG 2.1)
- The website contains third-party content that is not fully accessible:
- PDF files There are shortcomings in the software labelling of files that make them difficult to interpret using a screen reader. They also contain text with poor contrast. The content of brochures produced as PDF files can be found on the website in an accessible form. (WCAG 1.3.1, 1.4.3, 2.4.2, 3.3.1)
- Rental hut reservation calendar. However, the calendar is only displayed on the Nationalparks.fi website, and booking is done on the Eräluvat web shop.
- Interactive visual presentation at the end of the Koli Trails page. The presentation cannot be operated with a keyboard or screen reader and some of the contrast is poor. Use of an embed on a phone requires a two-finger gesture to zoom in and out. Some of the links in the embed function inconsistently. (WCAG 2.1.1, 1.4.3, 1.4.11, 2.5.1, 2.4.4)
- Some pages show hiking trails and their presentations, or OutdoorActive embeds. They have shortcomings in text matches and the order in which the screen reader reads. Links cannot be accessed with a tab. The image carousel cannot be stopped. Tables are difficult to interpret using a screen reader. (WCAG 1.1.1, 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 2.2.2)
This content is not covered by applicable legislation
- The destination map cannot be accessed using a keyboard. (WCAG 2.1.) However, the same information is available on the page under Search Results.
- Videos and audio recordings published before 23 September 2020 that do not include subtitles and audio descriptions are embedded or linked on the website. (WCAG 2.1)
Addressing accessibility shortcomings
The aforementioned shortcomings (excluding content not subject to the Act) will be addressed as soon as possible. This accessibility statement shall be amended as and when any or all of the detected shortcomings have been addressed.
Compilation of this accessibility statement
This statement was compiled on 30 September 2020. The report is based on a third-party assessment of whether the website meets the requirements of Directive (EU) 2016/2102.
The statement was last revised on 14 October 2020.
Feedback and contact details
We invite you to submit any accessibility-related feedback and improvement recommendations at luontoonfies(a)metsa.fi. It may take up to 14 days to receive a reply.
If you are not satisfied with the response given or you do not receive a reply within two weeks, please send your feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Contact information for the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Supervision Unit for Accessibility
Switchboard +358 (0)295 016 000