Visit Kuhmo Visitor Centre Petola
Opening Hours in 2022
16.8.–31.10. Mon-Fri 10am–4pm
During opening hours we have free entrance. Guided tours are organised by appointment, and thye are charged.
We reserve the rights to changes.
Directions and Maps
- The visitor centre is located along road no. 912 running from Kuhmo to Suomussalmi, roughly 3 km from the centre of Kuhmo.
By Public Transportation
- There are only few connections of public transport to the Petola Visitor Centre. Coaches operating between Kuhmo and Suomussalmi bypass Petola (matkahuolto.fi).
- The closest railway station (vr.fi) is located in Kajaani (101 km).
- The closest airport (finavia.fi) is in Kajaani (107 km).
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Kuhmo (journey.fi)
By Foot or Bicycle
- A pedestrian and bicycle route runs from the centre of Kuhmo to the visitor centre.