Visit Kuhmo Visitor Centre Petola
Opening Hours in 2021
Further information on coronavirus guidelines.
Petola Visitor Centre is closed during the winter time. We open again in the beginning of June.
1.6. - 14.6. Mon-Fri 10-16
15.6. - 15.8. every day 10-17
15.8. - 31.10. Mon-Fri 10-16
Other arrangements by appointment.
We reserve the rights to changes.
During opening hours we have free entrance. Guided tours are charged.
Directions and Maps
- The visitor centre is located along road no. 912 running from Kuhmo to Suomussalmi, roughly 3 km from the centre of Kuhmo.
By Public Transportation
- There are only few connections of public transport to the Petola Visitor Centre. Coaches operating between Kuhmo and Suomussalmi bypass Petola (matkahuolto.fi).
- The closest railway station (vr.fi) is located in Kajaani (101 km).
- The closest airport (finavia.fi) is in Kajaani (107 km).
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Kuhmo (journey.fi)
By Foot or Bicycle
- A pedestrian and bicycle route runs from the centre of Kuhmo to the visitor centre.