Visit Kuhmo Visitor Centre Petola
Opening Hours in 2022
Further information on coronavirus guidelines.
Petola Visitor Centre is closed during the winter time. We open the doors again in the beginning of June.
Opening hours in summer 2022:
1.6.–14.6. Mon-Fri 10am–4pm
15.6.–15.8. daily 10am–5pm
16.8.–31.10. Mon-Fri 10am–4pm
During opening hours we have free entrance. Guided tours are organised by appointment, and thye are charged.
We reserve the rights to changes.
Directions and Maps
- The visitor centre is located along road no. 912 running from Kuhmo to Suomussalmi, roughly 3 km from the centre of Kuhmo.
By Public Transportation
- There are only few connections of public transport to the Petola Visitor Centre. Coaches operating between Kuhmo and Suomussalmi bypass Petola (matkahuolto.fi).
- The closest railway station (vr.fi) is located in Kajaani (101 km).
- The closest airport (finavia.fi) is in Kajaani (107 km).
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Kuhmo (journey.fi)
By Foot or Bicycle
- A pedestrian and bicycle route runs from the centre of Kuhmo to the visitor centre.