Visit Kuhmo Visitor Centre Petola
Because of the coronavirus, safe distances should be kept even in nature, and thorough hand hygiene should be followed at huts, campfire sites and after using the toilet. Metsähallitus' policies and guidelines will be updated as the general corona guidelines become more specific. Check our website for the current situation: www.nationalparks.fi/coronavirusguidelines.
Opening Hours in 2020
Further information on coronavirus guidelines.
Opening hours during the summer time:
- 1.6. - 12.6. Mon-Fri 9-16
- 15.6. - 7.8. every day 9-17
- 10.8. - 15.10. Mon-Fri 9-16
Free entrance. Guided tours are charged.
Directions and Maps
- The visitor centre is located along road no. 912 running from Kuhmo to Suomussalmi, roughly 3 km from the centre of Kuhmo.
By Public Transportation
- There are only few connections of public transport to the Petola Visitor Centre. Coaches operating between Kuhmo and Suomussalmi bypass Petola (matkahuolto.fi).
- The closest railway station (vr.fi) is located in Kajaani (101 km).
- The closest airport (finavia.fi) is in Kajaani (107 km).
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Kuhmo (journey.fi)
By Foot or Bicycle
- A pedestrian and bicycle route runs from the centre of Kuhmo to the visitor centre.