Visit Kuhmo Visitor Centre Petola
Many navigators direct driving to the Hiidenportti National Park via Hopeatie. The road is broken. Driving to the main information point Palolampi only according to the direction instructions and signposts. Read more in What's New pages
Opening Hours in 2023
Petola Visitor Centre is closed for the winter.
The room temperature has been lowered, and therefore we are not able organise visits for groups during winter.
We serve by phone and email.
We reserve the rights to changes.
Address: Lentiirantie 342, 88900 Kuhmo
Telephone: +358 206 39 6380
Directions and Maps
- The visitor centre is located along road no. 912 running from Kuhmo to Suomussalmi, roughly 3 km from the centre of Kuhmo.
By Public Transportation
- There are only few connections of public transport to the Petola Visitor Centre. Coaches operating between Kuhmo and Suomussalmi bypass Petola (matkahuolto.fi).
- The closest railway station (vr.fi) is located in Kajaani (101 km).
- The closest airport (finavia.fi) is in Kajaani (107 km).
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Kuhmo (journey.fi)
By Foot or Bicycle
- A pedestrian and bicycle route runs from the centre of Kuhmo to the visitor centre.
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.