Vallisaari Directions and Maps
- Address of the islands: Vallisaari and Kuninkaansaari, FI-00860 Helsinki.
- Google Maps (google.fi)
- WGS 84 lat: 60.136678 lon: 25.009579
- Vallisaari and Kuninkaansaari are managed by Metsähallitus.
Vallisaari and Kuninkaansaari are located in Helsinki, next to the Suomenlinna sea fortress, 20 minutes by boat from the Market Square. A water bus will take you to Vallisaari, from where you can walk over to Kuninkaansaari along a neck of land, much like a breakwater. Before visiting Vallisaari, please familiarise yourself with the rules and regulations that apply to the area.
By Water Bus
- Suomen Saaristokuljetus operates water bus service between the Market Square and the Vallisaari main jetty during summe 2021.
- Every day from 1 May to 30 November 2021
- For the water bus schedule and fares, consult Suomen saaristokuljetus.
- The water bus leaves for Vallisaari from the Market Square.
- The last connection of the night from Vallisaari to the Market Square may be crowded. However, everybody who arrives in time on the jetty will get transport to the mainland.
- The excursion harbour subject to a charge in Vallisaari is located in Torpedolahti bay. Overnight stays are permitted in the excursion harbour.
The excursion harbour and the Harbour café can be reached by telephone on +358 40 755 1130
- Location: WGS 84 lat: 63.66727 lon: 25.01025
- Nautical charts series A and B; shoreline map 18; port map 191.
- Depth of fairway : 3 metres.
- Number of berths: 48.
- Buoy and boom mooring.
- Kayakers can land in the Torpedolahti excursion harbour or at the Vallisaari main jetty, in addition to the sandy coves located next to the Luotsitalo pilot house.
- The location of the Torpedolahti sand cove: WGS 84 lat: 60.13766 lon: 25.00998
- The location of the Luotsitalo sand cove: WGS 84 lat: 63.66727 lon: 25.00720
- Entering the restricted area in southern Vallisaari and landing there is prohibited under threat of penalty.
- PLEASE NOTE: Vallisaari will be open daily until 18 August and between 7 and 30 September. Between 19 August and 6 September, Vallisaari and its services will be closed on weekdays but open at the weekends of 24–25 August and 31 August–1 September. On the weekdays, excavation work will be carried out on the island, including the clearance of old explosives found in the soil. For safety reasons, landing on and accessing the island while this work is in progress will be prohibited.
By Taxi Boat
- Taxi boats are available by advance booking for small groups.