Services in Korouoma Nature Reserve
Customer Service and Guidance
- Customer Service Point Karhuntassu
- Maps and fishing and hunting permits for sale.
- Oulanka Visitor Centre
- Maps, fishing permits and hiking gear for sale.
Services offered by enterprises and other organisations in Korouoma nature Reserve
Following enterprises and other organisations offer services in the nature reserve. They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in national park.
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
- The closest shops are in the centre of Posio (posiolapland.com). Campfire Sites, Huts and Cooking Shelters
- Places where you can prepare food in the area are Kuulea day trip hut, Pajupuro open wilderness hut and Kaarlolammen kota lapp pole hut and 13 lean-to shelters and campfire sites.
- Making open fires is always prohibited at both marked campfire sites and when fires are permitted by the land owner if a forest fire warning has been issued for the area (ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).
- This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a flue.
- Waters in lakes, rivers and brooks should be boiled before it is drunk, as the quality of water differs from one area to another.
- Drinking water from the parks water-system is at each person's own risk.
- More information on Food and Drink.
- In Korouoma Nature Reserve each visitor is responsible for the waste that accumulates during his/her stay. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet or composter, and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. Read more about Hiking without littering.
- There is a dry toilet at each wilderness hut and campfire site.
There is no toilet paper in dry toilets so take enough toilet paper with you.
Open Wilderness Hut
- Kaivoslampi, Piippukota and Koron Korsu rental huts are not available at the moment
The Following cabin is rented through Lomarengas Oy:
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
- For information on lodging in the surrounding area see the Posio website (posiolapland.com) or the Lapland tourism website (lapland.fi)