Hammaskuru Reservable Wilderness Hut
Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service or by e-mail email@example.com. Terms of reservation for the Hammaskuru reservable hut. See where to pick up the keys.
Suitable for overnight stays for hikers and groups with good navigation skills. The hut is located in the Urho Kekkonen National Park's wilderness zone, which has no marked trails. The nearest shops and restaurants are located in Saariselkä or in Ivalo. The hut was built in 1966.
- Northern Lapland, Municipality of Sodankylä, Urho Kekkonen National Park.
Hammaskota, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 09.164' lon: 28° 16.761' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7560443 E: 553127.
- The campfire shelter is located in the Urho Kekkonen National Park's wilderness zone, which has no marked trails.
- The closest huts are the Anterinmukka open wilderness hut, the Muorravaarakka open and reservable wilderness hut, the Muorravaarakanruoktu rental turf hut, the Luirojärvi open and reservable wilderness, the Kuusela rental hut, the Rajankämppä open wilderness hut and the Siulanruoktu open wilderness hut.
- You can get to the hut on foot or by skis from several starting points (659kt). The distance from Aittajärvi is ca. 38 km, from Raja-Jooseppi ca. 47 km, from Kemihaara ca. 43 km, and from Kiilopää ca. 48 km.
16,50 € /night / person (incl. VAT 10%).
You can pick up the keys at the following places
Ivalo Customer Service
the key drop box in Saariselkä
the key drop box in Kiilopää
Samperin Savotta (samperi.com) in Savukoski
Tulppion Majat (tulppio.fi, in Finnish) in Savukoski
Sodankylä Väri- ja Urheilu Simonen Oy (simonen.fi, in Finnish)
Taxi Vuotso / JJR Pehkonen Oy, tel. 044-243 2449, 044 2422967 (call in advance).
The customer must have payment receipt and hut reservation confirmation with in so that one can prove the reservation and its payment.
Please check the opening hours of the place where you intend to collect the key in advance.
Outside opening hours, the key can be collected from the key box at all key collection points by appointment. If you intend to collect the key after opening hours, contact the key collection point 3-5 weekdays before the key collection date.
When collecting the key from Saariselka or Kiilopää, you get instructions for collecting the key from Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service. Contact customer service 3-5 weekdays before you collect the key (firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 6397200).
The key can be returned to any of the locations mentioned.
- Two-tiered sleeping platforms, mattresses, pillows, a table and benches.
- A wood-burning stove, a gas cooker, a saucepan, and a frying pan.
- Take own candles, toilet paper and headlamp with you.
- There is a smoke alarm in the hut, but we recommend bringing your own device with you.
- A campfire site, a dry toilet and a woodshed.
- Household water is taken from the river Hammasjoki.
When leaving the hut, remember that it has to be clean and ready for the next customers.
Camping is allowed in the immediate proximity to campfire site.
- The route includes some river crossings. There are bridges by the River Suomujoki at Aitaoja, Kotaköngäs, and Porttikoski and by the River Luttojoki at Raja-Jooseppi.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
Metsähallitus follows the principles of litter-free hiking. Visitors are adviced to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering and Safety on hiking. Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
Maintenance and Management
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service tel. int. +358 206 39 7200.
The booking calendar
By checking the booking calendar of the huts (eraluvat.fi) you can see the availability beforehand. Bookings: Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service, tel. +358 206 39 7200 or by e-mail ukpuisto(at)metsa.fi.