Photo: Niina Pehkonen.
Photo: Niina Pehkonen.
Suitable for overnight stays for hikers with good navigation skills. The hut is located in the Urho Kekkonen National Park's wilderness zone, which has no marked trails. The nearest shops and restaurants are located in Saariselkä and in Ivalo. The hut was built in 1965.
- Northern Lapland, Municipality of Sodankylä (sodankyla.fi, in Finnish), Urho Kekkonen National Park.
- Anterinmukka, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 15.0270' lon: 28° 27.0831' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7571493 E: 560013
- The wilderness hut is situated on the bank of the River Anterijoki, 500 metres upstream from River Kaarreoja.
- Suitable for overnight stays for hikers with good navigation skills. The hut is located in the Urho Kekkonen National Park's wilderness zone, which has no marked trails.
- The closest huts are the Kiertämäjärvi open wilderness hut, the Muorravaarakka open and reservable wilderness hut, the Muorravaarakanruoktu rental turf hut and the Hammaskuru open and reservable wilderness hut.
- You can get to the hut on foot or by skis from several starting points (pdf 659kt)The distance from Raja-Jooseppi is ca. 34 km, from Aittajärvi ca. 33 km and from Kiilopää ca. 60 km.
- Two-tiered sleeping platforms, a table, and benches.
- A wood-burning stove, a fireplace, and a gas cooker.
- There is a smoke alarm in the hut, but we recommend bringing your own device with you.
- A campfire site, a dry toilet and a woodshed.
- Take own candles, toilet paper and headlamp with you.
- Household water is taken from the river Anterijoki.
The sauna fee is 7 € / adult, 4 € / child (under 7 years) or for a member of a group (a group min. 10 persons). Payment in advance in Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen or Ivalo Customer Service. The sauna fee is possible to pay also in Eräluvat webstore (eraluvat.fi).
The sauna is available for use by all hikers, so you should be considerate of others and not stay too long in the sauna.During peak seasons you should agree bathing times with other hikers, for example, take turns between men and women at alternate hours.
- You can camp by the campfire sites.
- The hut is not suited for the disabled.
- The route includes some river crossings. There are bridges by the River Suomujoki at Aitaoja, Kotaköngäs, and Porttikoski and by the River Luttojoki at Raja-Jooseppi.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- When leaving the hut, remember that it has to be clean and ready for the next customers.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Pets are permitted in the hut, but only in case that other visitors agree with it.
- There is a recycling point at the open wilderness hut. Hikers are however adviced to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- Urho Kekkonen National Park map
- Urho Kekkosen kansallispuisto outdoor map, 1:100 000.
- Saariselkä - Sokosti outdoor map, 1: 50 000.
- Terrain map V514, 1:50 000.
Maintenance and Management
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen tel. int. +358 206 39 7200.