Hammaskuru Reservable Wilderness Hut
Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen or by e-mail email@example.com. Terms of reservation for the Hammaskuru reservable hut. See where to pick up the keys.
Suitable for overnight stays for hikers and groups with good navigation skills. The hut is located in the Urho Kekkonen National Park's wilderness zone, which has no marked trails. The nearest shops and restaurants are located in Saariselkä or in Ivalo. The hut was built in 1966.
- Northern Lapland, Municipality of Sodankylä (sodankyla.fi, in Finnish), Urho Kekkonen National Park.
Hammaskota, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 09.164' lon: 28° 16.761' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7560443 E: 553127.
- The campfire shelter is located in the Urho Kekkonen National Park's wilderness zone, which has no marked trails.
- The closest huts are the Hammaskuru open and reservable hut, the Anterinmukka open wilderness hut, the Muorravaarakka open and reservable wilderness hut, the Muorravaarakanruoktu rental turf hut, the Luirojärvi open and reservable wilderness, the Kuusela rental hut, the Rajankämppä open wilderness hut and the Siulanruoktu open wilderness hut.
- You can get to the hut on foot or by skis from several starting points (659kt). The distance from Aittajärvi is ca. 40 km, from Raja-Jooseppi ca. 50 km, from Kemihaara ca. 45 km, and from Kiilopää ca. 50 km.
16,50 € /night / person (incl. VAT 10%).
- Two-tiered sleeping platforms, mattresses, pillows, a table, and benches.
- A wood-burning stove, a gas cooker, a saucepan, and a frying pan.
- A campfire site, a dry toilet and a woodshed.
- There is a smoke alarm in the hut, but we recommend bringing your own device with you.
- Take own candles, toilet paper and headlamp with you.
- Household water is taken from the river Hammasjoki.
- There are no accessible services in the hut.
You can camp by the campfire sites.
- The route includes some river crossings. There are bridges by the River Suomujoki at Aitaoja, Kotaköngäs, and Porttikoski and by the River Luttojoki at Raja-Jooseppi.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- When leaving the hut, remember that it has to be clean and ready for the next customers.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Metsähallitus follows the principles of litter-free hiking. Visitors are adviced to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Maintenance and Management
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen tel. int. +358 206 39 7200.
The booking calendar
By checking the booking calendar of the huts (eraluvat.fi) you can see the availability beforehand. Bookings: Saariselkä Customer Service Kiehinen, tel. +358 206 39 7200 or by e-mail ukpuisto(at)metsa.fi.