Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Saariselkä
Welcome to Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Saariselkä
Customer Service in Saariselkä provides professional hiking and tourist information services. You may choose to hike from one wilderness hut to another towards Urho Kekkonen National Park, or perhaps make a canoe trip on Ivalojoki River, known for its gold-digging history. Customer service point is also the location of the tourist information point for Inari municipality.
Opening hours in 2021
1.1. - 15.2. Mon-Fri 9 am. - 4:30 pm.
16.2. - 25.4. Mon-Sun 9 am. - 4:30 pm.
26.4. - 22.8. Mon-Fri 9 am. - 4:30 pm.
23.8. - 26.9. Mon-Sun 9 am. - 4:30 pm.
27.9. - 5.12. Mon-Fri 9 am. - 4:30 pm.
6.12. - 31.12. Mon-Sun 9 am. - 4:30 pm.
On New Year´s Day 1.1. closed, on Epiphany 6.1. closed, 18.2. cloced, on Ascension Day 13.5. closed, on Midsummer's Eve 25.6. closed, on Independence Day 6.12. cloced, on Christmas Holidays 24.-26.12. closed.
Address: Lutontie 16 (Santa's Hotel Tunturi's Gielas building), 99830 Saariselkä (Inari), Finland
Telephone: +358 206 39 7200
E-mail: ukpuisto(at)metsa.fi, hammastunturi(at)metsa.fi
Contact Saariselkä-Inari Tourist Infomation:
Telephone: +358 40 168 7838
Directions and Maps
- The service point is located in Saariselkä by Main Road 4/E75 (Rovaniemi-Utsjoki), 30 km south of Ivalo and 260 km north of Rovaniemi. Kiehinen is located in the center of Saariselkä in the Santa´ s Hotel Tunturi Gielas building ground floor, which is opposite to Lapland Hotel Riekonlinna.
- Daily bus lines (matkahuolto.fi) operate along Main Road 4/E75 (Rovaniemi–Utsjoki) and along Saariseläntie. The nearest bus stop is on other side of road (Lapland Hotel Riekonlinna bus stop), approximately 20 metres from the customer service point.
- The nearest airports are in Ivalo (finavia.fi) and Rovaniemi (finavia.fi).
- The nearest railway station (vr.fi) is in Rovaniemi.
- Buses from Rovaniemi pass via the Rovaniemi railway station, and some of the lines serve Rovaniemi Airport.
- There is an airport bus connection from Ivalo Airport to Saariselkä and Kiilopää (eskelisen.fi).
- On Waters and Upper Reaches
The exhibition On Waters and Upper Reaches takes us on an excursion to the canoe routes of the northernmost Lapland; it also tells about the water cycle of the region – from small brooks to the Arctic Ocean – in an interesting way.
- Language: Finnish, Sámi and English
This is the web page nationalparks.fi/urhokekkonennationalparkcustomerservice