Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen
Welcome to Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen
Customer Service in Kiehinen provides professional hiking and tourist information services. You may choose to hike from one wilderness hut to another towards Urho Kekkonen National Park, or perhaps make a canoe trip on Ivalojoki River, known for its gold-digging history. Customer service point is also the location of the tourist information point for Inari municipality.
Opening hours in 2022
1.1. - 27.2. Mon-Fri 9 am. - 4:30 pm
28.2. - 17.4. Mon-Fri 9 am. - 4:30 pm., Sat-Sun 9 am. - 2 pm.
18.4. - 3.7. Mon-Fri 9 am. - 4:30 pm.
4.7. - 31.7. Mon-Fri 9 am. - 4:30 pm., Sat-Sun 9 am.- 2 pm.
1.8. - 28.8. Mon-Fri 9 am. - 4:30 pm.
29.8. - 18.9. Mon-Sun 9 am. - 4:30 pm.
19.9.- 4.12. Mon-Fri 9 am. - 4:30 pm.
5.12.-31.12. Mon-Fri 9 am. - 4:30 pm., Sat-Sun 9 am. - 2 pm.
Exceptions: On New Year´s Day 1.1 closed, on Epiphany 6.1 closed, open at Easter 15.-16.4 9 am. - 2 pm, closed the first and second day of Easter 17.-18.4, 27.4 open 10:30 am-4:30 pm, 13.5 open 9-12, 25.5 open 11:30 am-4:30 pm, on Ascension Day 26.5. closed, on Midsummer's Eve 25.6. closed, on 19.10 closed, on 8.11 closed, 9.11 open 10 am - 4:30 pm, on Independence Day 6.12 closed, on Christmas Holidays 24.-26.12. closed.
We reserve the right to make changes to the opening hours.
Address: Lutontie 16 (Santa's Hotel Tunturi's Gielas building), 99830 Saariselkä (Inari), Finland
Telephone: +358 206 39 7200
E-mail: ukpuisto(at)metsa.fi, hammastunturi(at)metsa.fi
Contact Saariselkä-Inari Tourist Infomation:
Telephone: +358 40 168 7838
Directions and Maps
- The service point is located in Saariselkä by Main Road 4/E75 (Rovaniemi-Utsjoki), 30 km south of Ivalo and 260 km north of Rovaniemi. Kiehinen is located in the center of Saariselkä in the Santa´ s Hotel Tunturi Gielas building ground floor, which is opposite to Lapland Hotel Riekonlinna.
- Daily bus lines (matkahuolto.fi) operate along Main Road 4/E75 (Rovaniemi–Utsjoki) and along Saariseläntie. The nearest bus stop is on other side of road (Lapland Hotel Riekonlinna bus stop), approximately 20 metres from the customer service point.
- The nearest airports are in Ivalo (finavia.fi) and Rovaniemi (finavia.fi).
- The nearest railway station (vr.fi) is in Rovaniemi.
- Buses from Rovaniemi pass via the Rovaniemi railway station, and some of the lines serve Rovaniemi Airport.
- There is an airport bus connection from Ivalo Airport to Saariselkä and Kiilopää (eskelisen.fi).
This is the web page nationalparks.fi/urhokekkonennationalparkcustomerservice