Mustajärvi Croft Rental Hut
Mustajärvi Croft is located in the Evo Hiking Area and is a former forest ranger's farm. The farm's old forest pastures and meadows are significant conservation areas due to the value associated with their landscape and nature. The timber-framed Mustajärvi main building, the reservable double hut, is built in the 1850s and 1860s, and radiates the history of the Evo crown park.
Southern Finland, Kanta-Häme Region, Hämeenlinna, Evo Hiking Area
From 28 April to 26 May and 25 August to 30 October 2023, price 135 €/day (incl. VAT 10%).
- The hut is heated by a large, heat-storing, brick-built baking oven in the hall and a fireplace in the bedroom. Please note! The use of the wood-burning stove in the kitchen area and the fireplace in the common room is forbidden for the time being. Please note that it will take some time for the hut to warm up.
- The kitchen area has an electric cooker and oven, a refrigerator (with an ice compartment), crockery and cutlery.
- Electric lighting.
- Beds, mattresses, covers and pillows for 6 persons. Please bring your own bedlinen and towels.
- There is a dry toilet, well and woodshed in the yard. The water in the well is not drinkable. Drinking water is available from the tap of the machine room located in the yard of Evo Centre or from the well at Evo Camping Centre (pdf, 2 313 kb). The water in the well of the Mustajärvi Croft rental hut is suitable for washing.
- Remember to pack a torch. We recommend a head torch which leaves your hands free for sauna duties. Candles must be supervised at all times.
- There is a separate building with a veranda, washing facilities and a wood-heated sauna.
Keys to the Mustajärvi Croft rental hut will be placed in the key box located next to the main door (on the courtyard side), on the right side wall. The code will be sent when the reservation fee has been paid.
Address: Rahtijärventie 214, 16970 Hämeenlinna
Mustajärvi Croft rental hut, coordinates of the hut:
Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 61˚ 12.8513` lon: 25˚ 07.1623`
ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6787879 E: 398784
When arriving from the south, turn from the Lammi–Padasjoki road (no. 53) and follow the Evo signs. After the Evo Centre (Häme University of Applied Sciences), continue on Rahtjärventie for approximately 2 km, and then turn left to enter the yard (Rahtjärventie 214). You can park your car along the driveway of the Mustajärvi farm.
When arriving from the north, turn from the Lammi–Padasjoki road (no. 53) to Opistontie and follow the Evo signs. Continue on Opistontie for approximately 1.5 km and turn left to Rahtjärventie, then drive on for approximately 2 km and turn left to enter the yard (Rahtjärventie 214). You can park your car along the driveway of the Mustajärvi farm.
By Public Transportation
There are no bus connections to Evo. The closest bus stations are in Padasjoki and Lammi. Timetables (matkahuolto.fi).
The closest railway station is in Hämeenlinna. Timetables (vr.fi).
Search for public transport routes and timetables to Evo (opas.matka.fi).
- It is advisable to first keep the fire burning low in the heat-storing fireplaces of the hut to give the chimney time to warm up (no smoke inside). You must open the fireplace dampers before lighting a fire. Double dampers: one for ventilation and the other for the fireplace. Both dampers shall be kept open.
- Two full loads of wood per day is enough to heat the heat-storing fireplaces. Please note! The use of the wood-burning stove in the kitchen area and the fireplace in the common room is forbidden for the time being. Do not leave the fire unattended when lighting it!
- Please bring your own bedlinen and towels.
- The water in the well located in the yard is not drinkable. Drinking water is available from the tap of the machine room located in the yard of Evo Centre or from the well at Evo Camping Centre (pdf, 2 313 kb). The water in the well of the Mustajärvi Croft rental hut is suitable for washing.
- Pets are allowed in the hut. Please note! Pets must be kept on leash also in the yard (and entering the pasture with pets is prohibited). Regulations for visitors of Evo Hiking Area.
- There are no accessible services in the hut.
- Camping in the yard is prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the hut.
- There are no waste management services at the hut. Please remove your waste from the hut and recycle by taking it to a sorting station or an eco-point, or to a state-maintained waste collection point. A responsible hiker practices litter-free hiking and leaves no traces.
- Safety on hiking
- The Excursion Map
- Evo Hiking Area map
- Ilvesvaellus hiking trail map 1:25 000
- Terrain maps M413, M414 and M432, 1:50 000
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, sisasuomi(at)metsa.fi, tel int. +358 206 39 5270
112 Emergency Number
If you have an emergency during your trip, such as getting lost, injured or finding a wildfire, call 112. Read more detailed emergency instructions.
Download the 112 Finland application (112.fi) to your phone. When an emergency call is made through the 112 Finland application, the emergency centre attendant is automatically informed of the caller's location.
It is recommended to keep the mobile phone warm and to bring extra food and water with you. There are many excursion locations with no mobile coverage and some mobile phones does not work in sub-zero temperatures, that is why it is always a good idea to let someone know about your itinerary and timetable.