Southern Finland, Kanta-Häme Region, Hämeenlinna (www.hameenlinna.fi), Evo Hiking Area
Instructions to the Mustajärvi hut.
From1 April to 2 May and 27 August to 31 October 2019, price 120 €/day (incl. VAT 10%).The Shepherd Weeks (Mon–Mon) from 3 June to 25 August 2019, price 450 €/week (incl. VAT 10%).
- The hut is heated by a large, heat-storing, brick-built baking oven in the hall and a fireplace in the bedroom. Please note! The use of the wood-burning stove in the kitchen area and the fireplace in the common room is forbidden for the time being. Please note that it will take some time for the hut to warm up.
- The kitchen area has an electric cooker and oven, a refrigerator (with an ice compartment), crockery and cutlery.
- Electric lighting.
- Beds, mattresses, covers and pillows for 6 persons. Please bring your own bedlinen and towels.
- There is a dry toilet, well and woodshed in the yard. The water in the well is not drinkable. Drinking water is available from the tap of the machine room located in the yard of Evo Centre or from the well at Evo Camping Centre (in Finnish, pdf, 2 313 kb). The water in the well of the Mustajärvi rental hut is suitable for washing.
- There is a separate building with a veranda, washing facilities and a wood-heated sauna.
Visitors renting the hut during the Shepherd Weeks will receive instructions from Metsähallitus Customer Service on picking up the keys during the week before their reservation, and the tenants will receive the same instructions of their reservation. The reservation fee must be paid.
Address: Rahtijärventie 216, 16970 Hämeenlinna
Mustajärvi rental hut, coordinates of the hut:
Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 61˚ 12.8513` lon: 25˚ 07.1623`
ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6787879 E: 398784
When arriving from the south, turn from the Lammi–Padasjoki road (no. 53) and follow the Evo signs. After the Evo Centre (Häme University of Applied Sciences), continue on Rahtjärventie for approximately 2 km, and then turn left to enter the yard (Rahtjärventie 216). You can park your car along the driveway of the Mustajärvi farm.
When arriving from the north, turn from the Lammi–Padasjoki road (no. 53) to Opistontie and follow the Evo signs. Continue on Opistontie for approximately 1.5 km and turn left to Rahtjärventie, then drive on for approximately 2 km and turn left to enter the yard (Rahtjärventie 216). You can park your car along the driveway of the Mustajärvi farm.
By Public Transportation
Evo can be reached by bus from Hämeenlinna and Lammi on weekdays during the school year. Bus connections are infrequent. There are no bus connections on weekends. The bus stop is on Padasjoentie, at the northern crossroads of Opistontie, from where it is a 3.6 km walk to the Mustajärvi rental hut. Timetables (www.matkahuolto.fi).
The closest railway station is in Hämeenlinna. Timetables (www.vr.fi).
Search for public transport routes and timetables to Evo (opas.matka.fi).
- It is advisable to first keep the fire burning low in the heat-storing fireplaces of the hut to give the chimney time to warm up (no smoke inside). You must open the fireplace dampers before lighting a fire. Double dampers: one for ventilation and the other for the fireplace. Both dampers shall be kept open.
- Two full loads of wood per day is enough to heat the heat-storing fireplaces. Please note! The use of the wood-burning stove in the kitchen area and the fireplace in the common room is forbidden for the time being. Do not leave the fire unattended when lighting it!
- Please bring your own bedlinen and towels.
- The water in the well located in the yard is not drinkable. Drinking water is available from the tap of the machine room located in the yard of Evo Centre or from the well at Evo Camping Centre (in Finnish, pdf, 2 313 kb). The water in the well of the Mustajärvi rental hut is suitable for washing.
- Pets are allowed in the hut. Please note! Pets must be kept on leash also in the yard (and entering the pasture with pets is prohibited). Regulations for visitors of Evo Hiking Area.
- The hut is not suited for the physically disabled.
- Camping in the yard is prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the hut.
- There are no waste management services at the hut. Please remove your waste from the hut and recycle by taking it to a sorting station or an eco-point, or to a state-maintained waste collection point. A responsible hiker practices litter-free hiking and leaves no traces.
- Safety on hiking
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, hame(at)metsa.fi, tel int. +358 206 39 4630