Tikkasen Vieriharju, Rental Hut
Rental hut, for 4 persons / 15 m2
Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen or by e-mail ukpuisto(at)metsa.fi. Terms of reservation for the Tikkasen Vieriharju rental hut. See where to pick up the keys.
Photo: Eero Hetta.
Photo: Eero Hetta.
Sauna. Photo: Eero Hetta.
Suitable for overnight stays for individual hikers and small groups. The hut is situated about 50 metres from road 9671. During summer it is possible to park cars in the space behind the hut. During winter road 9671 is narrow and you must clear a space - by shovelling the snow away - for your car from the side of the road.
- Northern Lapland, Savukoski, Urho Kekkonen National Park.
Tikkasen Vieriharju, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 67° 54.7132' lon: 29° 01.5240' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7534432 E: 584980.
- Suitable for overnight stays for individual hikers and small groups. The nearest shops and restaurants are located in Savukoski.
- The closest huts are the Naltio open wilderness hut and the Vieriharjun open wilderness hut.
- Urho Kekkonen National Park map
90 €/night (incl. VAT 10%).
- From the March to September is possible to stay in the hut maximum two nights in a row and from October to February maximum 7 nights in a row.
You can pick up the keys from Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service, Ivalo Customer Service, Fell Centre Kiilopää (kiilopaa.fi), Hotel Samperin Savotta (samperi.com), Tulppion Majat (tulppio.fi, in Finnish), Sodankylän Väri- ja Urheilu Simonen Oy (simonen.fi, in Finnish) or from Taxi Vuotso/JJR Pehkonen Oy, tel. +35844 2432449, +35844 2422967 (please call in advance).
- Please check the opening hours for key pick-up in advance by phone, from www-pages or by e-mail.
- The customer shall have payment receipt and hut reservation confirmation along in order to show proof of reservation and its payment.
- Two sleeping platforms, mattresses, pillows, quilts, a table, and benches.
- A wood-burning stove, a gas cooker, a saucepan, and a frying pan.
- There is a smoke alarm in the hut, but we recommend bringing your own device with you.
A campfire site, a dry toilet, a woodshed and sauna.
- Take own candles, toilet paper and headlamp with you.
- It is allowed to bring pets in the hut.
- There are no accessible services in the hut.
- You can camp by the campfire sites.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- When leaving the hut, remember to tidy up the hut ready for the next customers.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Metsähallitus follows the principles of litter-free hiking. Visitors are adviced to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Maintenance and Management
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen tel. int. +358 206 39 7200.