Tikkasen Vieriharju, Rental Hut
Rental hut, for 4 persons / 15 m2
Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen or by e-mail ukpuisto(at)metsa.fi. Terms of reservation for the Tikkasen Vieriharju rental hut. See where to pick up the keys.
Photo: Eero Hetta.
Photo: Eero Hetta.
Sauna. Photo: Eero Hetta.
Suitable for overnight stays for individual hikers and small groups. The hut is situated about 50 metres from road 9671. During summer it is possible to park cars in the space behind the hut. During winter road 9671 is narrow and you must clear a space - by shovelling the snow away - for your car from the side of the road.
- Northern Lapland, Municipality of Savukoski (savukoski.fi, in Finnish), Urho Kekkonen National Park.
Tikkasen Vieriharju, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 67° 54.7132' lon: 29° 01.5240' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7534432 E: 584980.
- Suitable for overnight stays for individual hikers and small groups. The nearest shops and restaurants are located in Savukoski.
- The closest huts are the Naltiojoki open wilderness hut and the Vieriharjun open wilderness hut.
47 € / night (incl. VAT 10%).
- Two sleeping platforms, mattresses, pillows, quilts, a table, and benches.
- A wood-burning stove, a gas cooker, a saucepan, and a frying pan.
- There is a smoke alarm in the hut, but we recommend bringing your own device with you.
A campfire site, a dry toilet, a woodshed and sauna.
- Take own candles, toilet paper and headlamp with you.
You can pick up the keys from Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen, Ivalo Customer Service, Fell Centre Kiilopää (kiilopaa.fi), Hotel Samperin Savotta (samperi.com), Tulppion Majat (tulppionmajat.fi, in Finnish), Sodankylän Väri- ja Urheilu Simonen Oy (simonen.fi, in Finnish) or from the Vuotso, JJR Pehkonen Oy tel. +358 442 432 449.
Please check the opening hours by phone, from www-pages or by e-mail.
- The customer shall have payment receipt and hut reservation confirmation along in order to show proof of reservation and its payment.
- There are no accessible services in the hut.
- You can camp by the campfire sites.
- The route includes some river crossings. There are bridges by the River Nuorttijoki at Kolsankoski and the wading cable is located by the River Nuorttijoki some 300 metres upstream from the Kärekeoja hut.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- When leaving the hut, remember that it has to be clean and ready for the next customers.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- From the March to September is possible to stay in the hut maximum two nights in a row and from October to February maximum 7 nights in a row.
- There is a recycling point at the rental hut. Hikers are however adviced to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- Urho Kekkonen National Park map.
- Urho Kekkosen kansallispuisto outdoor map, 1:100 000.
- Itäkaira Nuortti Korvatunturi topographic map, 1:50 000.
- Terrain map V513, 1:50 000.
Maintenance and Management
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen tel. int. +358 206 39 7200.