Taivalköngäs Open Wilderness Hut
This two floored wilderness hut was built at the beginning of the 1900s. It is situated on the bank of the River Oulankajoki on Karhunkierros Trail, 9 km north of Oulanka Visitor Centre.
Open wilderness hut for 10-15 persons.
- Dry toilet.
- Firewood shelter.
- No trash bins. Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more aboutHiking Without Littering.
- The nearest recycling point is at Oulanka Camping Ground.
- Pets are allowed in the hut.
- Safety on hiking
Information for Companies and Big Groups
Do you plan to organize guided excursions to the Finnish National Parks or other protected areas? It is possible due to partnership agreement with Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- Sustainable Tourism in Protected areas in Finland (julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Please, contact kirjaamo(at)metsa.fi