Ristikallio Open Wilderness Hut
The wilderness hut is situated in the northern portion of Oulanka National Park on the bank of the River Aventojoki. The hut is on Karhunkierros Trail 5 km from the Ristikallio starting point.
Open wilderness hut for 10 persons.
Ristikallio, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 66° 24.0413' lon: 29° 07.2209' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7366179 E: 594708
- Stove (heats with firewood).
- No gas cooker in the hut.
- Firewood shelter.
- Dry toilet 100 meters from the hut.
- Pets are allowed in the hut.
- Safety on hiking
- No trash bins. Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- The nearest recycling point is at Oulanka Camping Ground.
Information for Companies and Big Groups
Do you plan to organize guided excursions to the Finnish National Parks or other protected areas? It is possible due to partnership agreement with Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- Sustainable Tourism in Protected areas in Finland (julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Please, contact kirjaamo(at)metsa.fi