Pärnälahti Red, Rental Hut
- Eastern Finland, North Karelia Region, Municipality of Lieksa, Koli National Park
- Pärnälahti, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 63° 01.7517' lon: 29° 57.4213' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6992283 E: 649592
- Rantatie 136c, 83960 Koli
From Koli Nature Centre Ukko, drive downwards along Ylä-Kolintie Road for 2 km and turn right towards the Koli village. Distance from the Nature Centre to the Koli village is altogether 3,6 km. When you reach the village, turn right onto Merilänrannantie towards Loma-Koli and drive for roughly 1 km, then turn right onto Rantatie road and continue for another 1 km until you reach the harbor. After Koli Harbour, continue south along Rantatie for 12.6 km to the south and turn onto the road that turns left.
There is a barrier at the intersection, and the distance is approximately 550 m to the hut from the barrier. The barrier is usually open. If the barrier is closed, you have to first walk to the hut, fetch the hut keys and return to open up the barrier. You can drive directly to the hut yard. In the first half of May you might not be able to drive all the way up to the hut depending on the snow situation. Please notice, that the same road leads also to Pärnälahti Kelomökki, so do not block the route when parking.
- Koli National Park map
- Outdoor and servicemap of Koli 1:20 000 / 1:50 000
- Terrain map P534, 1:50 000
Prize group A (1.5.-12.6. and 29.8.-31.10.)
1st day 85 €
2nd–7th day 76 €
Prize group B (13.6.-28.8.)
1st day 100 €
2nd–7th day 90 €
Prize group A (1.5.-9.6. and 26.8.-31.10. )
1st day 85 €
2nd–7th day 76 €
Prize group B (10.6.-25.8.)
1st day 100 €
2nd–7th day 90 €
Rental time 14:00–12:00.
No reservations longer than one week at a time.
Keys to the rental hut are placed in the key box next to the door of the hut. The key box opens with a 4-digit key combination. As soon as you have booked the hut, you will receive a booking confirmation in your email. Check the confirmation's attached files, in which you will find the 4-digit key code and additional information (please also check your spam folder). Keep the information with you until the end of the reservation. If you have not gotten the key combination at least two weekdays before the beginning of your reservation, please contact Koli Nature Centre Ukko.
At the junction of Rantatie and the road leading to the hut there is a barrier that is usually open. If not, there is approx. 550 m walk from the barrier to the hut. You have to fetch the hut's keys from the hut''s key box and return to open the barrier.
When you arrive at the hut, enter the code in the box by rotating the numbers in the key box. Take the key from the box, unlock the hut, and put the key back in the box. Roll the numbers back to zero again. Always keep the keys inside the key box, so they won’t get lost or locked inside the hut. At the end of the reservation, leave the keys in the same box.
- There is no water post in the hut. It it recommended to bring enough drinking and domestic water with you to the hut. It is also possible to borrow water containers and get clean drinking water from the Koli Nature Centre Ukko.
- Sleeping spots for 10: single beds for 6 and a bunk bed for 2. A bed sofa for 2. Mattresses, pillows, and blankets included, no linen.
- There is no fire place in the hut.
- Electric heating (the basic heat is not always on), wood-burning stove, electric cooker, refrigerator, coffeemaker, cooker hood, microwave oven, and cutlery.
- A log-built sauna, separate non-compostable toilet, and a rowing boat. A composter for the biowaste.
- Dishwashing liquid, spices, fire-making equipment and toilet paper are not included.
- Please check Koli National Park's What's New before arrival.
- Please leave no litter or other traces of your visit.
- You must carry the water to the sauna from the lake. The water tank of the sauna stove must be full of water when warming up the sauna.
- Please do not use the lake water or swim in it, if you see marks of blue-green algae blooming (thl.fi). Metsähallitus is not held responsible for possible blue-green algae blooming.
- Do not wash up or wash yourself directly in a lake or a river or on top of a well, because this will cause water pollution, eutrophication and e.g. blue-green algae blooming. Use only biodegradable detergents and pour your washing water into the ground at a sufficient distance from the water body.
- There are no accessible services in the hut.
- Pets are permitted in the hut.
- Camping in the yard is prohibited.
- There is no fire place in the hut at the moment. There is electric heating, but the basic heat is not always on. Please prepare with warm clothes.
- In the summertime it's recommended to bring a mosquito net with you to quarantee a good night's sleep.
- Metsähallitus is not to be held responsible for possible disconnections in electricity network during storms.
- Safety on hiking
Maintenance and Management
General customer service, customer feedback and maintenance:
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland,
Koli Nature Centre Ukko, tel. int. +358 40 7732442.
Booking, payments, and cancellations:
Eräluvat.fi Customer Service (verkkokauppa.eraluvat.fi)
112 Emergency Number
If you have an emergency during your trip, such as getting lost, injured or finding a wildfire, call 112. Read more detailed emergency instructions.
Download the 112 Finland application (112.fi) to your phone. When an emergency call is made through the 112 Finland application, the emergency centre attendant is automatically informed of the caller's location.
It is recommended to keep the mobile phone warm and to bring extra food and water with you. There are many excursion locations with no mobile coverage and some mobile phones does not work in sub-zero temperatures, that is why it is always a good idea to let someone know about your itinerary and timetable.