Näränkä Wilderness Farm Rental Hut
This beautifully restored farmyard is located in southern Kuusamo in the Näränkä Natural Forests area. At Näränkä, you will be transported back in time as this remote house has been decorated in the style of the 1950s. You can book the main building and the sauna but otherwise the farmyard is available to everybody.
The Näränkä wilderness farm is not rented in the winter.
Reservations from the Eräluvat.fi online store and by phone at Kuusamo Customer Service Karhuntassu - 0206 39 6804 or on site at the service point, address: Torangintaival 2, 93600 Kuusamo.
Rental terms of the Näränkä Wilderness Farm Rental Hut.
Places where keys can be picked up.
Rental hut, 7–10 people (20 people can be accommodated for an overnight stay upstairs in the attic), area (no measurements as yet), 3 rooms and an open space upstairs
Address: Närängänvaarantie 28, 93999 Kuusamo (starting from 1.6.2014).
North Ostrobothnia, City of Kuusamo, Näränkä Natural Forests, Näränkä trails.
There is a 1.5-km-trail to the farm from the Suojärvi parking area. In winter, you can reach the hut on skis or snowshoes. Please note that the roads in the area are not ploughed in winter.
The remote Näränkä Nature Reserve is located at a distance of about 60 km from Kuusamo. The closest villages are Kurvinen, Teeriranta, Hossa and Murtovaara.
- Basic map chart 4523 07
- Kuusamo tourist map, 1:100 000
Available in June-October.
Basic price (day/week): 80 / 480 €
Midsummer (Thursday-Sunday): 320 €
- A baking oven in the main room, tiled stoves in the bedrooms, a wood-burning stove and gas hobs as well as crockery for 50 people in the kitchen. Beds and mattresses. Gaslights.
- There is a sauna, storehouses, a drying barn, barns, a campfire site, a dry toilet, an earth cellar and a well in the yard.
There is a key box next to the front door of the Näränkä Wilderness Farm that works with a code. Ask for the box code a couple of days before the start of the booking.
- You can book the main building and the sauna but the farmyard is available to everybody.
- There are separate instructions for using the gaslights.
- The ovens may smoke if the chimneys are damp and the ovens have not been used for a long time. Burn dry paper in the flues before lighting a fire in the oven.
- Having lit the fire, do not leave the ovens unattended.
- There is a well in the yard but it is advisable to bring drinking water with you if there has been rainfall.
- Pets are allowed in the hut.
- There are no accessible services at the hut.
- Every visitor must take away their own waste when they leave. There is a dry-toilet composter for organic waste in the yard.
- Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, Kuusamo.
For more information contact
Oulanka Visitor Centre tel. int. +358 206 39 6850 or
Kuusamo Customer Service Karhuntassu tel. int. +358 206 39 6804.
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.