Metsäpirtti, Rental Hut
Metsäpirtti rental hut is situated on the east shore of Lake Herajärvi. A 500 m trail leads from Herajärven kierros Trail to the hut. If you come by car please leave your car to the parking area before Seppälä and walk to Metsäpirtti hut about 2km.
- Eastern Finland, North Karelia Region, Municipality of Kontiolahti, Koli National Park
- Metsäpirtti, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 63° 01.2175' lon: 29° 55.0513' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6991200 E: 647639
- Herajärven rantatie 37d, 81269 Ahveninen
Metsäpirtti rental hut is easily reached from the Herajärvi trail. If you come by car please leave your car to parking area before Seppälä hut and walk to Metsäpirtti. The way to reach Metsäpirtti from the parking area is to through Lakkala yard. Walk towards Seppälä from the parking area and turn left to Lakkala. Walk through the field until you reach a trail. Turn right and walk along the trail until you see a sign with Metsäpirtti. The distance from the parking area to Metsäpirtti is approximately 2 km.
Via Koli village:
From Koli Nature Centre Ukko, drive downwards along Ylä-Kolintie Road for 2 km and turn right towards the Koli village. Distance from the Nature Centre to the Koli village is altogether 3,6 km. When you reach the village, turn right onto Merilänrannantie towards Loma-Koli and drive for roughly 1 km, then turn right onto Rantatie road and continue for another 1 km until you reach the harbor. After Koli Harbour, continue south along Rantatie and Vesivaarantie for roughly 18 km until you reach the Herajoki stream. Just before the Herajoki bridge, turn right onto Herajärven rantatie road. See the rest from below*.
Drive along the Romppalantie road, take the Herajoentie road (road sign reads "Herajoki"). After roughly 9 km, turn left onto Vesivaaratie road at the first crossroads (to the right, the road continues as Vaaralahdentie). Immediately after the Herajoki bridge, some 700 metres from the previous crossroads, turn left onto Herajärven rantatie road.
*The distance from Herajärventie to Seppälä parking area is 4 km. Take the next turn right. Seppälä parking area is on the right-hand side of the road.
(In a nut shell: turn right at every junction on Herajärven rantatie.) Walk from the parking area to Metsäpirtti hut. Please follow info before from "Hiking".
- Koli National Park map
- Outdoor and servicemap of Koli 1:20 000 / 1:50 000
- Terrain map P534, 1:50 000
Prize group A (15.5.-12.6. and 29.8.-30.9.)
1st day 76 €
2nd–7th day 68 €
Prize group B (13.6.-28.8.)
1st day 90 €
2nd–7th day 80 €
Rental time 14:00–12:00.
No reservations longer than one week at a time.
Keys to the Metsäpirtti rental hut will be placed in the key box next to the door of the hut. A 4-digit key combination for opening the key box will be sent to you no later than two days before the beginning of your reservation.The combination will be sent to the phone number or e-mail address provided when making the booking. Leave the keys in the same key box when you leave after your stay.
- Sleeping spots for 4 in bunk beds + mattresses, pillows.
- Oven, gas cooker, solar panel powered lights and charging facility (USB socket)
- Sauna, a separate dry toilet, rowboat.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- Water must be carried from the nearby stream or lake (water must be boiled before drinking).
- Dishwashing liquid, spices, fire-making equipment and toilet paper are not included.
- Please leave no litter or other traces of your visit.
- The hut is not suited for the disabled.
- Pets are permitted in the hut.
- Between the hut and the shore there is a steep slope. The lakeside is muddy and shallow.
- Camping in the yard is prohibited.
- Metsähallitus is not to be held responsible for possible disconnections in electricity network during storms.
- Safety on hiking
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, tel. int. +358 206 39 5654.