Seppälä Rental Hut
- Eastern Finland, North Karelia Region, Municipality of Lieksa (lieksa.fi, in Finnish), Koli National Park
- Seppälä, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 63° 01.0848' lon: 29° 55.8657' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6990986 E: 648337
- Herajärven rantatie 40, 81260 Ahveninen
Seppälä is located in the southern part of the Koli National Park. A roughly 300-metre shortcut runs from the hut to the Herajärven kierros Trail.
Via Koli village:
From Koli Nature Centre Ukko, drive downwards along Ylä-Kolintie road for 2 km and turn right towards the Koli village. Distance from the nature center to the Koli village is altogether 3,6 km. When you reach the village, turn right onto Merilänrannantie towards Loma-Koli and drive for roughly 1 km, then turn right onto Rantatie road and continue for another 1 km until you reach the harbor. After Koli Harbour, continue south along Rantatie and Vesivaarantie for roughly 18 km until you reach the Herajoki stream. Just before the Herajoki bridge, turn right onto Herajärven rantatie road.
Drive along the Romppalantie road, take the Herajoentie road (road sign reads "Herajoki"). After roughly 9 km, turn left onto Vesivaaratie road at the first crossroads (to the right, the road continues as Vaaralahdentie). Immediately after the Herajoki bridge, some 700 metres from the previous crossroads, turn left onto Herajärven rantatie road.
The distance from Herajärven rantatie to Seppälä is 4 km. Take the next right turn. After the Seppälä parking area (on the right-hand side of the road), take the next right turn by the mail boxes and drive until you reach the Seppälä hut. Parking in the yard is only allowed for people that are renting the Seppälä hut. Otherwise you should leave your car to the Seppälä parking area. (In a nut shell: turn right at every junction on Herajärventie).
- Koli National Park map
- Outdoor and servicemap of Koli 1:20 000 / 1:50 000
- Terrain map P532, 1:50 000
1st day 85 €
2nd–7th day 76 €
Rental time 14:00–12:00.
No reservations longer than one week at a time.
Keys to the Seppälä rental hut will be placed in the key box next to the door of the hut. A 4-digit key combination for opening the key box will be sent to you no later than two days before the beginning of your reservation.The combination will be sent to the phone number or e-mail address provided when making the booking. Leave the keys in the same key box when you leave after your stay.
- Lodging for 6–8 persons in bunk and pull-out beds, including mattresses, pillows and blankets but no linen.
- A traditional wood-burning baking oven, electric stove, a refrigerator, a microwave oven, a coffeemaker, an electric kettle and tableware.
- A sauna, a campfire site and outdoor toilet.
- Water from a well in the yard (drinking water must be boiled).
- Dishwashing liquid, spices, fire-making equipment and toilet paper are not included.
- Please leave no litter or other traces of your visit.
- The hut is not suited for the disabled.
- Pets are permitted in the hut.
- Camping in the yard is prohibited.
- Metsähallitus is not to be held responsible for possible disconnections in electricity network during storms.
- Safety on hiking
Maintenance and management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, tel. int. +358 206 39 5654.