Luulampi Day Trip Hut
During spring and autumn seasons there is wilderness cafe open.
Because of the coronavirus, safe distances should be kept even in nature, and thorough hand hygiene should be followed at huts, campfire sites and after using the toilet. Metsähallitus' policies and guidelines will be updated as the general corona guidelines become more specific. Check our website for the current situation: www.nationalparks.fi/coronavirusguidelines.
The hut is situated on a marked hiking trail on the northeast side of Kiilopää Fell on the south shore of the upper Lake Luulampi. It is close to the boundary between the municipalities of Inari and Sodankylä.
- Northern Lapland, Municipality of Inari (inari.fi), Urho Kekkonen National Park.
- Luulampi, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 21.2211' lon: 27° 33.2649' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7582400 E: 522822
- The hut is situated on a marked hiking trail on the northeast side of Kiilopää Fell on the south shore of the upper Lake Luulampi. It is close to the boundary between the municipalities of Inari and Sodankylä.
- The closest huts are the Rumakuru old day trip hut, the Rumakuru day trip hut, the Vellinsärpimä day trip hut and the Rautulampi day trip hut.
- You can get to the hut on foot or by skis from several starting points (pdf 659kt).
- A tables and benches.
- A wood-burning stove and a fireplace
- There is a smoke alarm in the hut, but we recommend bringing your own device with you.
- A campfire site, a dry toilet and a woodshed.
- Take own candles, toilet paper and headlamp with you.
- The hut is intended for daytime use. It can be used as a resting point, a place to eat, warm up and dry clothes.
- You can camp by the campfire sites.
- The hut is not suited for the disabled.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- When leaving the hut, remember that it has to be clean and ready for the next customers.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Pets are permitted in the hut, but only in case that other visitors agree with it.
- There is a recycling point at the day trip hut. Hikers are however adviced to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- Urho Kekkonen National Park map.
- Urho Kekkosen kansallispuisto outdoor map, 1:100 000.
- Saariselkä - Sokosti outdoor map, 1:50 000.
- Terrain map V521, 1:50 000.
Maintenance and Management
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen tel. int. +358 206 39 7200.