Lounatkoski Rental Hut
Rental Hut, 3 + 3 people, 42 m², one room.
Rental season all year round.
Reservations on web store (eraluvat.fi).
Terms of reservation for the Lounatkoski Rental Hut. Please see the place for collecting the keys.
A traditional hut built in the 1930s on a small island in the Lounatkoski Rapids, in the Hossa National Park. There is a bridge to the island. The hut is a protected building heritage object.
- Rental period all year round.
- Prices 75 €/night, 525 €/week.
- Midsummer Thu-Sun, a total of 300 €. The prices include VAT (10%).
- The hut has one room with three bunkbeds.
- Candles, a gas cooker (no oven), an LPG refrigerator, a wood-burning stove, drinking water from the rapids, a dry toilet.
- The water taken from the rapids must be boiled before using it for food. If necessary, you can get drinking water from the visitor centre.
- A sauna in a separate building.
- The quality of the swimming shore is satisfactory. The distance to the shoreline is about 20 m.
- A campfire site, a smoker, a boat and life jackets.
Information on collecting the key
- There is a key box next to the front door of the hut. The box code will be sent to the tenant's mobile phone a couple of days before the booking period starts. If you make a reservation on the day of arrival, please take contact to Mrs. Seppänen, tel. +358 40 512 6030 or email email@example.com.
- The key must be returned to its collection point.
- Keys are not delivered by post.
- Address of the Lounatkoski Rental Hut: Jatkonsalmentie 66, Suomussalmi
- After the Hossa Visitor Centre, drive along Jatkonsalmentie Road for about 4 km and turn to the right. Drive for about 2 km, and the parking area is located on the left side of the road. The walking distance from the parking area to the hut is 200 metres.
- Coordinates for the Lounatkoski Rental Hut: WGS84 lat: 27.1574 lon: 26.1667, ETRS-TM35FIN: n=7261086 E=612909
- Distances: Hossa Visitor Centre 6 km, the village of Hossa 11 km and Juntusranta about 38 km.
- No neighbours. Please note! The gushing Lounatkoski Rapids and the Lounatkoski mill, which is located on the same island as the rental hut, are sights. The Lounatkoski Rapids are a fishing destination, so you may see fishermen at the rapids.
- You cannot drive to the yard of the Lounatkoski Rental Hut. The walking distance from the parking area to the hut is 200 metres.
- In winter, the distance to the yard is 4 km by skiing, if Jatkonsalmentie Road, in the section Jatkonsalmi‒Tolosenvirta, is not open.
- The hut will not be pre-heated before the beginning of the booking period. Due to the long distances, the maintenance services are not able to check the condition of the hut after the rental period of each customer. If the hut has not been cleaned or things are not as they should, please immediately contact the maintenance services of the hut upon arrival.
- Hossa Visitor Centre rents out linen. Other visitor centre services: a café‒restaurant, maps and brochures, guided excursions and equipment rental (boats, canoes, kayaks as well as hiking and fishing gear).
- The area boasts 90 km of marked hiking trails and 60 km of cross-country skiing trails. The terrain is ideal for exercising.
- Sights at Hossa: Värikallio Rock Paintings and the Lounatkoski mill (Luontoon.fi, in Finnish)
- The gushing Lounatkoski Rapids and the Lounatkoski mill, which is located on the same island as the rental hut, are sights. The Lounatkoski Rapids are a fishing destination, so you may see recreational fishermen at the rapids.
- Fishing and hunting:
- It is allowed to bring pets in the hut.