Lentua Rental Campfire Hut
Rental Campfire Hut, suitable for example for school camps or private events, 20 people, total area approx. 34 m2, a hallway and hut space. The hut is not meant for overnight stays. No electricity.
There is a hexagonal campfire hut on the shores of Lake Lentuanjärvi at the neck of the Lentuankoski Rapids. There is room for about 20 people at the campfire hut. The ‘kota' hut is suitable for organising various occasions, events, meals, etc. It is not meant for overnight stays.
Oulu region and Kainuu, Kainuu, Kuhmo, Lentua Nature Reserve.
Address: Lentua Nature Information Hut, Niska-ahontie 200, 88900 Kuhmo. To Kuhmo 15 km and to Petola Visitor Centre 12 km from The Campfire Hut.
Arriving by car:
From Kuhmo, the distance to the rental campfire hut is about 15 km. From Kuhmo, drive along Kuhmo–Suomussalmi Road (no. 912) for 10 km and turn left onto Lentuankoskentie Road (no. 91283). Drive for about 3 km, whereafter turn right onto Niska-ahontie Road. Drive along this road for 2 km. The nature information hut and the rental campfire hut are located at the end of the road on the shores of Lentua. There is a parking area at the yard.
The Lentua rental campfire hut cannot be reached by public transport.
- Topographic map 1:50 000 number Q542
35 € / day
- There is room for about 20 people at the ‘kota' hut. There is a campfire site in the centre of the hut. There are also candle holders in the hut. The hut does not have electricity, tap water or crockery. You must bring your own drinking water. The price includes the firewood. Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm!
- There are dry toilets for the disabled by the campfire hut
- It is not possible to stay overnight at the rental ‘kota' hut.
- No boat. It is possible to use your own boat. There is a launching site at the yard.
- No waste management.
Huoltamo Kuksa, Kainuuntie 129, 88900 Kuhmo, tel. +358 (0)20 718 9850. You must show the receipt as proof of payment when collecting the key. The key must be returned to its collection point.
- There are no washing or accommodation facilities at the hut.
- The yard of the campfire hut is the starting point for the Lentua Nature Trail (6.5 km) and for the trail to Lentuankoski Rapids (1 km). There may be some hikers and boaters at the yard.
- The campfire hut is also accessible by wheelchair. There are dry toilets for the disabled by the campfire hut.
- There are wide duckboards (300 m) by Lentuankoski Rapids, so the rapids can also be reached by wheelchair..
- You may bring pets into the campfire hut only on private occasions.
- The road to the yard is ploughed in winter but you may also have to clear the snow from the road by yourself.
- Safety on hiking.