Lavajärvi Open Wilderness Hut
This wilderness hut was previously the sauna for a loggers' cabin and has been renovated for its present use. It is situated in the southwest part of the national park on the north shore of Lake Lavajärvi. It is along the Peranka-Hossa Hiking trail and Canoe Route.
Open wilderness hut for 5 persons.
Kainuu, Municipality of Suomussalmi, Hossa National Park
- Hossa outdoor map 1:25 000
- Hossa canoeing guide
- Topographic map S531, 1:50 000
- Maps of the Hossa National Park
Lavajärvi, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 65° 25.4961' lon: 29° 13.5917' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7257639 E: 603307
- A stove.
- It is allowed to bring pets in the hut.
- Safety on hiking.
Every hiker is responsible for his or her own waste. Take all the waste out of the area: either to the recycling point at Hossa Visitor Centre or home. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Information for Companies and Big Groups
Do you plan to organize guided excursions to the Finnish National Parks or other protected areas? It is possible due to partnership agreement with Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- Sustainable Tourism in Protected areas in Finland (pdf 3,96 Mt, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Please, contact kirjaamo(at)metsa.fi