Kerojärvi Open Wilderness Hut
Hut is in the Northern area of the Oulanka National Park on the lake Kerojärvi and in the middle of the Keroharjun kuiskaus hiking trail. Hut is built in 1950 century.
Open wilderness hut for 10 persons.
North Ostrobothnia, Municipality of Kuusamo, Oulanka National Park and Keroharjun kuiskaus Trail.
- Oulanka National Park Map
- Rukatunturi-Oulanka outdoor map 1:50,000
- Kuusamon ulkoilukartta / outdoor map 1:100,000
Kerojärvi, Open Wilderness Hut: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 66° 27.3054' lon: 29° 22.1751' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7372639 E: 605606
- Gas cooker.
- Sauna is in the same building. Take notice that the sauna is not in use until summer 2020.
- Dry toilet is in 100 metres from the hut.
- Pets are allowed in the hut.
- Please use the firewood sparingly and only when needed. Firewood is delivered to the campfire sites during the winter with snowmobiles. During the summer, the firewood storages are filled where necessary.
- Safety on hiking
Hikers are asked to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.