Jussinkämppä Open Wilderness Hut
This wilderness hut was built by the Kuusamo tourism board and is situated on the shore of Lake Kulmakkojärvi on Karhunkierros Hiking Trail. It is about 15 km from the visitor centre and 5 km from the River Kitkajoki.
Open wilderness hut for 20 persons.
Jussinkämppä, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 66° 18.2051' lon: 29° 31.1304' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7356004 E: 612937.
- Gas cooker
- Dry toilets
- No trash bins. Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- The nearest recycling point is in Juuma.
- There is a campfire shelter on the grounds, in which sleeps 5 persons.
- Pets are allowed in the hut.
- Safety on hiking
Information for Companies and Big Groups
Do you plan to organize guided excursions to the Finnish National Parks or other protected areas? It is possible due to partnership agreement with Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- Sustainable Tourism in Protected areas in Finland (julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Please, contact kirjaamo(at)metsa.fi