Avviljoga Kultala / Ivalojoki Kultala Rental Hut
Rental hut for 8 persons / 26 m² .
Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen or by e-mail hammastunturi(at)metsa.fi
Terms of reservation for the Ivalojoki rental hut. See where to pick up the keys.
Ivalojoen Kultala tupa, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 30.3635' lon: 26° 40.9352' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7599320 E: 487007.
The rental hut is situated on the north bank of the River Ivalojoki about 7 km west of the River Sotajoki's mouth, about 100 metres downstream from the Kultala Crown Station museum cabin.
The rental wilderness hut was built in 1996 and it is located in a historically important museum area where gold was once prospected. The grounds of the hut are a museum area.
55 euros / day (incl. VAT 10%). A reservation begins at 2 p.m. on the day of arrival and ends at 12 noon on the day of departure.
- Heated by a wood burning oven and a fireplace.
- A gas stove, candles for lighting, mattresses, pillows and blankets.
- A dry toilet.
- There is no sauna.
- Water can be taken from a small river 30 m from the wilderness hut.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- The principles of Hiking Without Littering are practised in the hut. This means that visitors are asked to take with them everything they brought into the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
You can pick up the keys from Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen, Ivalo Customer Service, Vuotso JJR Pehkonen Oy tel. +358 442 432 449 or a separately arranged point. Keys must be returned to the same place they were picked up from.
Maps and Description
Hammastunturi - Etelä-Inari outdoor map 1:100 000.
Hammastunturi - Ivalojoki - Juutua outdoor map 1:50 000.
Terrain map V443 1:50 000.
From Saariselkä take road E-75 and drive south along it for 10 km or alternatively drive 2 km north from Kakslauttanen. Then turn onto Kutturantie Road. Follow Kutturantie Road for 17 km and then turn onto Pahaojantie Road, continuing along it for 10 km at which point you will reach Pahaoja parking area. Pahaojantie Road is not cleared of snow during winter.
The rental hut can not be reached by public transport. The closest coach stop is on road E-75 at the intersection for Kutturantie Road. From there it is a 27 km hike to Pahaoja open and rental wilderness hut.
- It is allowed to bring pets in the hut.
- There is also an open wilderness hut in the same building.
- A 12 km long marked summer hiking trail to Kultala by the River Ivalojoki has its starting point at Pahaoja historical buildings.
- Kultala wilderness hut can also be reached by canoe.
- It is possible to stay a maximum of 7 nights in a row in the hut.
- Safety on hiking.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland. For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen, tel. int. +358 206 39 7200, Ivalo Customer Service tel. int. +358 206 39 7701 or Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida tel. int. +358 206 39 7740.