Huttujärvi Rental Hut
Rental hut, 4 persons/20 m²
The hut can be booked at the Eräluvat web store (verkkokauppa.eraluvat.fi).
There are many trail options for travelling to this rental hut, which is located in the middle of the national park, on the shore of Lake Huttujärvi. The sympathetic hut will charm you, and after an excursion, you can bathe in the wood heated sauna, which is located in the yard.
Location and Description
- Eastern Lapland, Municipality of Pelkosenniemi, Pyhä-Luosto National Park.
- Huttujärvi rental hut, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 67° 01.8295' lon: 27° 02.3474' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7434779 E: 501703
- The rental hut is situated about 200 metres from the shore of the shallow Lake Huttujärvi.
- In the summer time you can hike or mountain bike to the hut, the Pyhä-Luosto Hiking Trail (marked with yellow) goes nearby the hut.
- In the winter time there is a cross country ski track to the hut from week 8 onwards, as well as a snowmobile track very close by (permit required).
- Map of Pyhä-Luosto National Park.
- Pyhä Luosto tunturikartta, Pyhä-Luosto Fell Map, 1:25 000, Calazo 2018
- Pyhä-Luosto ulkoilukartta, Pyhä-Luosto Outdoor Map, 1:50 000, Karttakeskus 2014
60 €/night (incl. VAT 10%), maximum length of reservation is 3 nights.
Rental time is 2 pm - 12 noon.
Those renting the hut can pick up the keys at
- For heating: wood stove and fireplace. Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm. We recommend that you start the wood stove first before using the fireplace to prevent smoke from coming indoors.
- For cooking: gas cooker and necessary cooking utensils (a pot, a frying pan, a coffee pot). Bring your own utensils and tableware.
- For sleeping: there are mattresses, pillows and blankets at the hut. Bring your own linen or sleeping bag.
- For bathing: a wood heated sauna on the yard is free for hut guests to use. Please note that it takes some time before the sauna is properly warm. Remember to empty all the water containers and buckets before you leave. This is important especially in winter time as they will break if water freezes in them.
- Water: there is a household water well on the grounds from which visitors can get drinking water and water for washing from the lake. The well tends to get empty in the springtime and in that case water is taken from the lake or melted from the snow.
- Other facilities: on the grounds of the hut visitors will find a cooking shelter (in public use), a dry toilet (non-composting, bring your own toilet paper) and a wood shed. There is a pier at the shore of Lake Huttujärvi, however there is no official swimming spot. In the summer, the rental hut guests can use a rowing boat. The yard close to the hut is used for firewood storage, so there can sometimes be big piles of wood.
- If the well is empty, there is an auger at the hut, that you can use to drill a hole in the lake ice to get water. Water can also be melted from snow. Water taken from the lake or melted from the snow must be boiled before use. The well will fill up again in spring time when the snow and ground melt.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
- The hut does not offer barrier-free access.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Remember to pack a torch. We recommend a head torch which leaves your hands free for hut duties. Candles must be supervised at all times.
- Kindly check the fire alarm upon arrival to the hut. We recommend that you bring a battery with you.
- Tidy up the hut after you and leave some firewood and kindling for the next guests.
- If you notice that anything requires maintenance, kindly let us know so that we can react to the needs as quickly as possible.
Directions and Public Transportation
From Pyhätuntunturi take road 962 (Pyhä-Luosto road) and follow it for 9 km in the direction of Luosto. Then turn left onto a gravel covered road called Huttujärventie road and drive along it for 2 km. At the end of the road there is a beam and a parking area. The remaining 2,5 km to the hut at Huttujärvi must be hiked. The road is in poor condition so we recommend driving carefully.
Huttujärventie road does not have winter maintenance! In the winter time, the easiest way to get to the hut is by snowshoeing or skiing from week 8 onwards by the maintained cross country ski track. The road serves as part of the Pyhä Wilderness Trail in winter.
There are coaches (matkahuolto.fi) from Rovaniemi and Kemijärvi to Pyhä-Luosto. The bus stop closest to the hut is about 600 m from the Huttujärventie road intersection, from where it is a 5 km walk or ski to the rental hut.
Each visitor is responsible for taking their own waste from the hut. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.