Ansakämppä Open Wilderness Hut
The wilderness hut is situated on the bank of the River Oulankajoki on Karhunkierros Trail and Oulankajoki canoe trail.
Open wilderness hut for 20 persons.
North Ostrobothnia, Municipality of Kuusamo, Oulanka National Park, Karhunkierros Hiking Trail.
- Oulanka National Park Maps
- Rukatunturi-Oulanka outdoor map 1:50,000
Ansakämppä, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 66° 20.9317' lon: 29° 26.5978' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7360932 E: 609353.
- Gas cooker.
- Dry toilet is in 100 m from the hut.
- No trash bins. Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- The nearest recycling point is in Juuma.
- Pets are allowed in the hut.
- Safety on hiking
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, Kuusamo.
For more information contact
Oulanka Visitor Centre tel. int. +358 206 39 6850 or
Kuusamo Customer Service Karhuntassu tel. int. +358 206 39 6804.
Information for Companies and Big Groups
Do you plan to organize guided excursions to the Finnish National Parks or other protected areas? It is possible due to partnership agreement with Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- Sustainable Tourism in Protected areas in Finland (julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Please, contact kirjaamo(at)metsa.fi
Many kinds of Huts for the Hiker. Please note, that it is not allowed for big groups or commercial groups to overnight in Open Wilderness Huts and in Day Trip Huts.
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.