Ahmatupa Open Wilderness Hut
The wilderness hut is situated on the south slope of Ahmavaara Hill on the bank of the River Ahmaoja, which flows into the River Pärjänjoki. This log cabin is the largest wilderness hut in Syöte National Park.
Open wilderness hut for 6 persons.
In the same building there is a reservable wilderness hut for 8 persons.
North Ostrobothnia, Municipality of Pudasjärvi, Syöte National Park
- A stove and a gas cooker.
- On the grounds there is a campfire shelter for everyone to use and a sauna for those staying in the reservable wilderness hut. Firewood available for everyone.
- An outhouse.
- During ski season a wilderness café is open at the hut during the day.
- Pets are allowed in the hut.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm!
- Safety on hiking
There is a recycling point at the hut. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, Pudasjärvi.
For more information contact
Syöte Visitor Centre tel. int. +358 0206 39 6550.
Information for Companies and Big Groups
Do you plan to organize guided excursions to the Finnish National Parks or other protected areas? It is possible due to partnership agreement with Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- Sustainable Tourism in Protected areas in Finland (julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Please, contact kirjaamo(at)metsa.fi
Many kinds of Huts for the Hiker. Please note, that it is not allowed for big groups or commercial groups to overnight in Open Wilderness Huts and in Day Trip Huts.
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.