Ylä-Murhi Rental Hut
- Eastern Finland, North Karelia Region, Municipality of Lieksa (lieksa.fi, in Finnish), Koli National Park
- Ylä-Murhi, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 63° 02.1569' lon: 29° 55.2651' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6992952 E: 647740
- Rantatie 121b, 83960 Koli
You can take two different routes from the Herajärven kierros Trail to Ylä-Murhi: you can either veer off the trail at Turusenautio or go via the Pitkälampi pond. Ylä-Murhi does not have a well, and it is easy to take water for boiling from Pitkälampi along the way.
From Koli Nature Centre Ukko, drive downwards along Ylä-Kolintie road for 2 km and turn right towards the Koli village. Distance from the Nature Centre to the Koli village is altogether 3,6 km. When you reach the village, turn right onto Merilänrannantie towards Loma-Koli and drive for roughly 1 km, then turn right onto Rantatie road and continue for another 1 km until you reach the harbor. After Koli Harbour, continue south along Rantatie road all the way (11 km) to the the Ala-Murhi farmhouse. Ala-Murhi farmhouse is a grey house with mansard roof on the right side on the road. In summer, you can park your car at the lay-by on the Ala-Murhi farmyard. Walk 400 metres along the Ennallistajan polku Nature Trail that starts at the corner of the house, until you reach the Ylä-Murhi Hut.
- Koli National Park Map
- Outdoor and servicemap of Koli 1:20 000 / 1:50 000
- Terrain map P532, 1:50 000
Prize group A (1.1.-12.6. and 29.8.-31.12.)
1st day 42 €
2nd–7th day 34 €
Prize group B (13.6.-28.8.)
1st day 50 €
2nd–7th day 40 €
Rental time 14:00–12:00.
No reservations longer than one week at a time.
Keys to the Ylä-Murhi rental hut will be placed in the key box next to the door of the hut. A 4-digit key combination for opening the key box will be sent to you no later than two days before the beginning of your reservation.The combination will be sent to the phone number or e-mail address provided when making the booking. Leave the keys in the same key box when you leave after your stay.
- A bunk bed for two, a platform bed for one, mattresses and pillows but no linen.
- A heating stove, kettles, frying pan, solar panel powered lights and charging facility (USB socket), outdoor dry toilet.
- Visitors must bring their own drinking water (available e.g., at Koli Nature Centre Ukko or Pitkälampi pond, but you must boil the water from the pond before drinking).
- Dishwashing liquid, spices, fire-making equipment and toilet paper are not included.
- Please leave no litter or other traces of your visit.
- There is no well or plumbing at the hut.
- The yard has a public campfire site, camping site and an outbuilding.
- It takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- There are no accessible services in the hut.
- Pets are permitted in the hut.
- Safety on hiking
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, tel. int. +358 206 39 5654.