Selkä-Sarven vartiotupa Rental Hut
The Coast Guard's former guardhouse is located at the northern end of Selkä-Sarvi Island, in the Bothnian Bay National Park. There is no land connection or boat transport to the island.
Southern Lapland, Kemi, Bothnian Bay National Park.
Coordinates for the Selkä-Sarven vartiotupa Rental Hut:
WGS-84 coordinates lat: N 65° 36,914' lon: E 024° 11,752' KKJ coordinates N 7282950 E 3370970
- Basic/topographic map chart no. 2532 03
- Coastal map no. 59, Kemi‒Tornio, 1:50 000
- Nautical chart series G (Bothnian Bay), 1:50 000
€ 70 / night. The price includes value added tax 10%.
Keys for the Selkä-Sarven vartiotupa rental hut are available in the key cabinet located near the door of the Selkä-Sarven vartiotupa hut.
- Mattresses, blankets and pillows, as well as cooking utensils and crockery for four people.
- A fireplace and a gas cooker.
- There is a barbecue hut, a campfire site, a woodshed and a dry toilet at the hut's yard. They are for shared use.
- There is a sauna (for shared use) at the northern end of the island.
- Please note that it takes time to warm the hut.
- Bring drinking water with you.
- The water in the island's well is not to be used.
- Please take a look at the Food and and Drink chapter, which you can find in the Hiking in Finland section.
- The boat landing site is located at the excursion harbour at the northern end of the island.
- The Kokko Rental Hut as well as the Kalla Open Wilderness Hut and the Ailinpieti fishing base are located in the southern part of Selkä-Sarvi Island. There is a nature trail (about 1 km) to the Ailinpieti fishing base.
- Pets are not allowed in the hut. There is no smoking allowed in the hut.
- Safety on hiking.
Bothnia Bay National Park Map