Kalla, Open Wilderness Hut
The open wilderness hut is located at a former fishing base at the southern tip of Selkä-Sarvi Island. In the 1940s and the 1950s, a fishing hut that was built in the 19th century was made smaller and the hut is still in this form.
Open wilderness hut, 2 pers.
Southern Lapland, Kemi, Bothnian Bay National Park.
- Basic/topographic map no. 2532 03
- Coastal chart no. 59, 1:50 000
- Nautical chart series G (Bothnian Bay), 1:50 000
Kalla Open Wilderness Hut, coordinates for the hut: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 65° 36.3990' lon: 24° 11.9313' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7278941 E: 370944
A small fireplace.
- There is a sauna at the excursion harbour, which is located at a distance of 1 km, at the northern end of the island.
- The hut cannot be heated adequately for winter use.
- Visitors must bring their own drinking water to the hut. The water in the yard's well is not to be used.
- The shores of the island are shallow and rocky, so it is recommended that boaters moor at the excursion harbour, which is located at a distance of 1 km at the northern end of the island.
- The hut is located close to the buildings of the Ailinpieti fishing base.
- Pets are not allowed in the hut.
Please leave no litter or other traces of your visit. Read more about litter-free hiking.
Bothnia Bay National Park Map
Information for Companies and Big Groups
Do you plan to organize guided excursions to the Finnish National Parks or other protected areas? It is possible due to partnership agreement with Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- Sustainable Tourism in Protected areas in Finland (pdf 3,96 Mt, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Please, contact kirjaamo(at)metsa.fi