The hut, which was built from a former fish-salting room, is located in the Bothnian Bay National Park in a former fishing base on the southern end of Selkä-Sarvi Island.
Kokko Rental Hut
The hut with sauna, which was built from a former fish-salting room, is located in the Bothnian Bay National Park in a former fishing base on the southern end of Selkä-Sarvi Island.
Southern Lapland, City of Kemi, Bothnian Bay National Park.
- Basic/topographic map no. 2532 03
- Coastal map no. 59, 1:50 000
- Nautical chart series G (Bothnian Bay), 1:50 000
Kokko, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 65° 36.3938' lon: 24° 11.9709' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7278930 E: 370974
70 € / night (price incl. VAT 10%).
- A wood-burning stove, a gas cooker, crockery.
- There is a sauna at the excursion harbour, which is at a distance of 1 km at the northern end of the island.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about hiking without littering.
Keys for the Kokko rental hut are available in the key cabinet located near the door of the Kokko hut.
- The hut cannot be heated adequately for winter use.
- You must bring your own drinking water. The water in the yard's well is not to be used.
- The shores of the island are shallow and rocky, so it is recommended that boaters moor at the excursion harbour, which is located at a distance of 1 km at the northern end of the island.
- There is an open wilderness hut and some buildings from the fishing base in the vicinity.
- Pets are not allowed in the hut.
Bothnia Bay National Park Map