Kokko Rental Hut
The hut, which was built from a former fish-salting room, is located in the Bothnian Bay National Park in a former fishing base on the southern end of Selkä-Sarvi Island.
Southern Lapland, City of Kemi, Bothnian Bay National Park.
- Basic/topographic map no. 2532 03
- Coastal map no. 59, 1:50 000
- Nautical chart series G (Bothnian Bay), 1:50 000
Kokko, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 65° 36.3938' lon: 24° 11.9709' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7278930 E: 370974
Keys for the Kokko rental hut are available in the key cabinet located next to the door. You will recieve the code via email after booking.
Heating and light
An open fireplace. Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm! No electricity.
A gas stove, crockery.
Bring drinking water with you. The water in the yard's well is not to be used.
Bunk beds, pillows, blankets. Bring your own bedsheets.
A separate builing for sauna.
An outhouse. Bring your own toilet paper.
There is no waste management. Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Small amounts of compostable waste can be disposed in the dry toilet. Small amounts of dry and clean paper or cardboard can be used as a kindling. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- The hut cannot be heated adequately for winter use.
- The shores of the island are shallow and rocky, so it is recommended that boaters moor at the excursion harbour, which is located at a distance of 1 km at the northern end of the island.
- There is an open wilderness hut and some buildings from the fishing base in the vicinity.
- Pets are not allowed in the hut.
- Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about hiking without littering.