Ryettikuoškâ / Ritakoski Rental Hut
Rental hut for 9 persons / 35 m² .
Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen or by e-mail hammastunturi(at)metsa.fi
Terms of reservation for the Ritakoski rental hut. See where to pick up the keys.
Ritakoski, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 30.2459' lon: 26° 55.7083' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7599070 E: 497074.
The rental hut is situated on the north bank of the River Ivalojoki about 3 km east of the River Sotajoki's mouth.
40 Euros / day (incl. VAT 10%). The reservation period begins at 2 p.m. on the day of your arrival and ends at 12 noon on the day of your departure.
The hut is reservable from March to October.
- A wood-burning stove and a gas stove.
- Mattresses, blankets and pillows.
- An outdoor toilet, no sauna.
- Visitors can get water from the River Ivalojoki.
- There are waste bins at the wilderness hut, but we ask hikers to bring their own litter out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
You can pick up the keys from Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen, Ivalo Customer Service or from Vuotso JJR Pehkonen Oy tel. +358 442 432 449. Keys must be returned to the same place they were picked up from.
Maps and Description
Hammastunturi - Etelä-Inari outdoor map 1:100 000.
Terrain map V443 1:50 000.
From Saariselkä take road E-75 and drive south along it for 10 km or alternatively drive 2 km north from Kakslauttanen. Then turn onto Kutturantie Road. Follow Kutturantie Road for 17 km and then turn onto Pahaojantie Road, continuing along it for 10 km at which point you will reach Pahaoja parking area. Pahanojantie Road is not cleared of snow during winter.
The wilderness hut can not be reached by public transport. The closest coach stop is on road E-75 at the intersection for Kutturantie Road. From there it is a 27 km hike to Pahaoja parking area.
- Pets are not allowed in the hut.
- During the coldest part of winter the hut does not get fully warm as it has no heat insulation.
- There is an open wilderness hut in the same building. Hikers can cross the Ritakoski Rapids when the water level is low by cautiously wading across.
- From Kultala it is about an 11 km hike to Ritakoski along the northern bank of the River Ivalojoki. A marked summer hiking trail leads from Pahaoja parking area to Kultala. The rental hut can also be reached by canoe.
- It is possible to stay for a maximum of 7 nights in a row in the hut.
- Safety on hiking.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Natural Heritage Services Lapland. For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen, tel. int. +358 206 39 7200 or Ivalo Customer Service tel. int. +358 206 39 7701.