Puikkokämppä Day-use Hut
The wilderness hut, which was previously a reindeer herders' cabin, is situated in the northern portion of Oulanka National Park on the shore of Lake Vaululampi. The hut is on Karhunkierros Trail 7,2 km from the Ristikallio trail starting point.
Day-use Hut for 10-15 persons.
Puikkokämppä, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 66° 24.5803' lon: 29° 09.2094' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7367230 E: 596153
- No stove, no gas cooker.
- Campfire site outside the hut.
- There is a dry toilet 100 m from the hut.
- No trash bins. Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- The nearest recycling point is at Oulanka Camping Ground.
- Pets are allowed in the hut.
- Safety on hiking
Information for Companies and Big Groups
Do you plan to organize guided excursions to the Finnish National Parks or other protected areas? It is possible due to partnership agreement with Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- Sustainable Tourism in Protected areas in Finland (julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Please, contact kirjaamo(at)metsa.fi