Puikkokämppä Day Trip Hut
The wilderness hut, which was previously a reindeer herders' cabin, is situated in the northern portion of Oulanka National Park on the shore of Lake Vaululampi. The hut is on Karhunkierros Trail 7,2 km from the Ristikallio trail starting point.
Day Trip Hut for 10-15 persons.
North Ostrobothnia, Municipality of Kuusamo, Oulanka National Park, Karhunkierros Hiking Trail.
Puikkokämppä, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 66° 24.5803' lon: 29° 09.2094' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7367230 E: 596153
- Oulanka National Park Map
- Rukatunturi-Oulanka outdoor map 1:50,000
- No stove, no gas cooker.
- Campfire site outside the hut.
- There is a dry toilet 100 m from the hut.
- No trash bins. Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- The nearest recycling point is at Oulanka Camping Ground.
- Pets are allowed in the hut.
- Safety on hiking
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, Kuusamo.
For more information contact
Oulanka Visitor Centre tel. int. +358 206 39 6850 or
Kuusamo Customer Service Karhuntassu tel. int. +358 206 39 6804.
Information for Companies and Big Groups
Do you plan to organize guided excursions to the Finnish National Parks or other protected areas? It is possible due to partnership agreement with Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- Sustainable Tourism in Protected areas in Finland (julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Please, contact kirjaamo(at)metsa.fi
Many kinds of Huts for the Hiker. Please note, that it is not allowed for big groups or commercial groups to overnight in Open Wilderness Huts and in Day Trip Huts.
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.