Pikku-Hossa Rental Hut
Rental Hut, 2 + 0 people, 15 m², the main room and one bedroom.
Rental season 1.6. - 28.10.
The traditional small wilderness cottage, built in the early 1950s, is located in Hossa National Park at the tip of Kenttäjärvi's narrow and handsome Säijynniemi. The peninsula has been inhabited since the Stone Age.
- Rental period 1 June‒ 28 Oct
- Prices 55 €/night, 385 €/week.
- Midsummer Thu-Sun, a total of 220 €. The prices include VAT (10%).
- The hut has two small rooms: the main room and a sleeping alcove.
- The sauna is located in the same building.
- Candles, a gas cooker with oven, an earth cellar, a wood-burning stove, a dry toilet.
- Take the drinking water from the spring close to the hut or from the visitor centre.
- There is a barn in the courtyard where you can even spend the night in the summer heat.
- Handsome lake views open out from both sides of the hut.
- A good swimming shore, distance to the shore 3 metres.
- A boat and life jackets.
Information on collecting the key
- Hossa Visitor Centre, Jatkonsalmentie 6, 89920 Ruhtinansalmi
- When collecting the key, the customer must present the receipt of the paid hut rent.
- The key must be returned to its collection point.
- Keys are not delivered by post.
- Address: Jatkonsalmentie 36, Suomussalmi
- After the Hossa Visitor Centre, drive along Jatkonsalmentie Road for slightly less than 3 km and turn to the left. The road runs to the yard of the hut.
- Coordinates for the Pikku-Hossa Rental Hut: WGS84 lat: 28.1002 lon: 27.9059, ETRS-TM35FIN: n=7262886 E=614184
- Distances: Hossa Visitor Centre 3 km, the village of Hossa 8 km and Juntusranta about 35 km. No neighbours.
- You can drive to the yard of the hut in the summer.
- The hut will not be pre-heated before the beginning of the booking period. Due to the long distances, the maintenance services are not able to check the condition of the hut after the rental period of each customer. If the hut has not been cleaned or things are not as they should, please immediately contact the maintenance services of the hut upon arrival.
- Hossa Visitor Centre rents out linen. Other visitor centre services: a café‒restaurant, maps and brochures, guided excursions and equipment rental (boats, canoes, kayaks as well as hiking and fishing gear).
- The area boasts 90 km of marked hiking trails and 60 km of cross-country skiing trails. The terrain is ideal for exercising.
- Sights at Hossa: Värikallio Rock Paintings and the Lounatkoski mill (Luontoon.fi, in Finnish)
- Fishing and Hunting:
- It is allowed to bring pets in the hut.