Palolampi, Rental Hut
Rental hut, There is room for approx. 25 people at the hut. A main room and a kitchen. Total area approx. 99 m2. The hut is not suitable for accommodation.
Palolampi Rental Hut has been rented to Hiiden Torppa, a partner of Metsähallitus, for a long period.
Hiiden Torppa offers café services for visitors and for groups.
Hiiden Torppa, tel.-358 040 773 1270, firstname.lastname@example.org
The opening hours of the cafe and other detailed information is found on Hiiden Torppa’s facebook-site www.facebook.com/hiidentorppaay
Oulu region and Kainuu, Sotkamo, Hiidenportti National Park.
Arriving by car:
From Sotkamo to Palolampi is about 45 km. Drive along the signposted road to the Palolampi information point from the Sotkamo–Kuhmo Road (no. 76) or from Kuhmo–Valtimo Road (no. 5284). There is a parking area at Palolampi. If using a navigation device, the address is Hiidenportintie 86, 88600 Sotkamo.
The Hiidenportti road is ploughed through the winter to the Palolampi parking area.
Palolampi Rental Hut cannot be reached by public transport.
- Hiidenportti National Park Map
- Basic map Q5321 Peurajärvi, 1:25 000.
- Topographic map Q532 Lauvuskylä, 1: 50 000.
Palolampi, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 63° 54.1156' lon: 28° 59.9295' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7087622 E: 598097
- A gas cooker and a gas refrigerator, crockery and cooking utensils are available in the kitchen.
- A heating stove in the dining/lounge space. Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm!
- No electricity, a power storage unit for your own aggregate.
- Lighting: candles or your own equipment.
- Water from the well in the yard.
- The yard has an information shelter, a campfire site, a cooking shelter, a well, a woodshed and dry toilets.
- The hut is not meant for overnight stays.
- There is waste management at the hut. Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- There are no washing or accommodation facilities at the hut.
- The rental hut's yard is the starting point for the Hiidenportti National Park's trails.
- The campfire site, the cooking shelter and the dry toilet located by the rental hut are available to all hikers.
- You may only bring pets into the rental hut on private occasions.
- There are no accessible services at the hut.
- The water in the well has been inspected in 2014 and proved to be drinkable.
Maintenance and Management
The area is managed by Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, Ostrobothnia–Kainuu.
More information from Kuhmo Visitor Centre Petola, tel.int. 0206 39 6380.
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.