Palolampi, Rental Hut
Rental hut, There is room for approx. 25 people at the hut. A main room and a kitchen. Total area approx. 99 m2. The hut is not suitable for accommodation.
Rental season: rental hut is in day use and in winter if the road is open.
Oulu region and Kainuu, Sotkamo, Hiidenportti National Park.
Arriving by car:
From Sotkamo to Palolampi is about 45 km. Drive along the signposted road to the Palolampi information point from the Sotkamo–Kuhmo Road (no. 76) or from Kuhmo–Valtimo Road (no. 5284). There is a parking area at Palolampi. If using a navigation device, the address is Hiidenportintie 86, 88600 Sotkamo.
The Hiidenportti road is not ploughed through the winter, but it is normally ploughed from February till April.
Palolampi Rental Hut cannot be reached by public transport.
- Hiidenportti National Park Map
- Basic map Q5321 Peurajärvi, 1:25 000.
- Topographic map Q532 Lauvuskylä, 1: 50 000.
Palolampi, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 63° 54.1156' lon: 28° 59.9295' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7087622 E: 598097
- Rental season: rental hut is in day use and in winter if the road is open.
- 40 €/day
Hiiden Torppa, Nimisenkankaantie 36, 88600 Sotkamo, tel. 0400 213777. You must show the receipt as proof of payment when collecting the key. The key must be returned to its collection point.
- A gas cooker and a gas refrigerator, crockery and cooking utensils are available in the kitchen.
- A heating stove in the dining/lounge space. Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm!
- No electricity, a power storage unit for your own aggregate.
- Lighting: candles or your own equipment.
- Water from the well in the yard.
- The yard has an information shelter, a campfire site, a cooking shelter, a well, a woodshed and dry toilets.
- The hut is not meant for overnight stays.
- There is waste management at the hut. Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- There are no washing or accommodation facilities at the hut.
- The rental hut's yard is the starting point for the Hiidenportti National Park's trails. There may be some hikers at the yard.
- The campfire site, the cooking shelter and the dry toilet located by the rental hut are available to all hikers.
- You may only bring pets into the rental hut on private occasions.
- There are no services for the disabled at the hut.
- The water in the well has been inspected in 2014 and proved to be drinkable.