Mäkränmaja, Rental Hut
Rental Hut, 4 persons / 20 m², 1 room
The reservations from our webshop (verkkokauppa.eraluvat.fi). Terms of reservation for the rental hut. Available for rent all year round. However, Mäkränmaja rental hut is currently being renovated and therefore it is not possible to rent during summer 2021.
- Eastern Finland, North Karelia Region, Municipality of Lieksa, Koli National Park
- Mäkränmaja, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 63° 04.6656' lon: 29° 50.7952' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6997438 E: 643768
- Rantatie 53, 83960 Koli
It is possible to hike to Mäkränmaja hut. The distance from Ukko-Koli to Mäkränmaja is approximately 5 kilometres.
A pre-ordered, door-to-door shared taxi (koli.fi)is available for the route Joensuu–Koli. The route of the shared taxi is determined by the pre-orders, which is why all timetable times are estimates.
The taxi will go to Joensuu airport and train station, or for example the central hospital if ordered, and then take the passengers to their destination at Koli. You can hop in the taxi along the route as well.
It is recommended that you order the shared taxi on the previous day by dialing the number +358 20 741 4393.
From Koli Nature Centre Ukko, drive downwards along Ylä-Kolintie Road for 2 km and turn right towards the Koli village. Distance from the nature center to the Koli village is altogether 3,6 km. When you reach the village, turn right onto Merilänrannantie towards Loma-Koli and drive for roughly 1 km, then turn right onto Rantatie road and continue for another 1 km until you reach the harbor. From harbor continue driving Rantatie about 6.3 km until you reach Pieni Mäkräntie road. Take this road and then turn right at the first crossing. This road can be driven until you reach a barrier.
In the summertime cars can be parked about 300 metres away from the hut. When parking, be careful not to block the route. The road must stay free also on the other side of the barrier. You can open the lock in the barrier with your hut keys.
- Koli National Park map
- Outdoor and servicemap of Koli 1:20 000 / 1:50 000
- Terrain map P532, 1:50 000
Mäkränmaja rental hut is currently being renovated and therefore it is not possible to rent during summer 2021.
Prize group A (1.1.-12.6. and 29.8.-31.12.)
1st day 42 €
2nd–7th day 34 €
Prize group B (13.6.-28.8.)
1st day 50 €
2nd–7th day 40 €
Rental time 14:00–12:00.
No reservations longer than one week at a time.
Keys to the Mäkränmaja rental hut will be placed in the key box next to the door of the hut. A 4-digit key combination for opening the key box will be sent to you no later than two days before the beginning of your reservation.The combination will be sent to the phone number or e-mail address provided when making the booking. Leave the keys in the same key box when you leave after your stay.
- Bed spots for 4 in bunk beds + mattresses and pillows.
- Wood oven, open stove, pots and frying pan, solar panel powered lights and charging facility (USB socket), separate dry toilet.
- Dishwashing liquid, spices, fire-making equipment and toilet paper are not included.
- Please leave no litter or other traces of your visit.
- There is no water source so you must carry water with you.
- The hut is not suited for the disabled.
- Pets are permitted in the hut.
- Camping in the yard is prohibited.
- It takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- Safety on hiking
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, tel. int. +358 206 39 5654.