Lakkala Rental Hut
Rental Hut, for 3–4 persons, 30 m², 2 bedrooms and a kitchen/main room, smoke sauna
The reservations from our webshop (verkkokauppa.eraluvat.fi). Terms of reservation for the rental hut. Available for rent 1st April – 30th April and 13th September – 30th September.
- Eastern Finland, North Karelia Region, Municipality of Lieksa, Koli National Park
- Lakkala, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 63° 00.7955' lon: 29° 55.5296' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6990436 E: 648078
- Herajärven rantatie 37b, 81260 Ahveninen
Lakkala Rental Hut is located in the southern part of Koli National Park, on the Herajärven kierros Trail.
Via Koli village: First drive to Koli Harbour along the Meriläntie road towards Loma-Koli for roughly 1 km, then turn right onto Rantatie and continue for another 1 km until you reach the harbour. After the harbour, continue south along Rantatie and Kaunislahdentie for roughly 18 km until you reach the Herajoki stream. Just before the Herajoki bridge, turn right onto Herajärventie road. See the rest from below*.
Via Ahveninen: Driving along the Romppalantie road, take the Herajoentie road (road sign reads "Herajoki"). After roughly 9 km, turn left onto Kaunislahdentie road at the first crossroads (to the right, the road continues as Vaaralahdentie). Immediately after the Herajoki bridge, some 700 metres from the previous crossroads, turn left onto Herajärventie road.
*The distance from Herajärventie to Lakkala is 6 km. Take the next right turn onto Herajärvenrantatie road. After the Seppälä parking area (on the right-hand side of the road), take the next left turn by the mail boxes. The road deteriorates after this, running through the yard of a house, across a field and onto a wooded ridge. Drive on until you meet the barrier that closes off the road. Leave your car on the left-hand side of the road. The parking area is situated about 100 metres away from the Lakkala Rental Hut.
(In a nutshell: turn right at every junction on Herajärventie until you reach the Seppälä Rental Hut, and then left.)
- Koli National Park map
- Outdoor and servicemap of Koli 1:20 000 / 1:50 000
- Terrain map P532, 1:50 000
1st day 85 €
2nd–7th day 76 €
Rental time 14:00–12:00.
No reservations longer than one week at a time.
Keys to the Lakkala rental hut will be placed in the key box next to the door of the hut. A 4-digit key combination for opening the key box will be sent to you no later than two days before the beginning of your reservation.The combination will be sent to the phone number or e-mail address provided when making the booking. Leave the keys in the same key box when you leave after your stay.
- Lodging for 3–4 persons, bunk bed, bed, mattresses, pillows and blankets but no linen.
- A traditional wood-burning baking oven, electric lights, an electric stove, a refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker, electric water boiler, vacuum cleaner, tableware and cutlery for four.
- Koli National Park services, the Lakkala campfire site and the camping site are situated in the immediate vicinity of this hut. They are also used by other hikers.
- The yard includes a separate dry toilet, a chimneyless smoke sauna and a rowboat on the shore.
- Dishwashing liquid, spices, fire-making equipment and toilet paper are not included.
- Please leave no litter or other traces of your visit.
- Drinking water must be brought along or drawn from the Seppälä Hut well (located 800 m away, the water must be boiled).
- There are no accessible services in the hut.
- Pets are permitted in the hut.
- In the summertime it's recommended to bring a mosquito net with you to quarantee a good night's sleep.
- Metsähallitus is not to be held responsible for possible disconnections in electricity network during storms.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, tel int. +358 206 39 5654.
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.