Õđđâmpäʹšttem / Kontinpaistama, Rental Hut
Rental hut for 5 persons, 16m2. There is a separate sauna building.
The Ivalo Customer Service Point Ivalo (Inari), tel. +358 (0)206 39 7701) or the Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida Inari, tel. +358 (0)206 39 7740). Terms of reservation for the Kontinpaistama rental hut. See where to pick up the keys.
Northern Lapland, Inari region, Kaldoaivi Wilderness Area, Sevettijärvi-Näätämö area, Sevetti-Pulmanki trail.
Kontinpaistama rental hut, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 69° 36.7860' lon: 28° 37.4411' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7723566 E: 563132.
The closest neighbour is at a distance of 6 km.
The closest village is Näätämö where you will find a service station and a grocery shop. On weekdays, a bus operates along the Ivalo‒Näätämö road.
75 € / night and 525 € / week (incl. VAT 10%). Reservations during March‒October.
- Heating with a wood-burning stove, solar cell lights and candles, a gas cooker, a sauna in a separate building, drinking water from the brook, a dry toilet, a campfire site and a smoker, a root cellar. Please note that it takes some time until the hut is properly warm. (The solar panel will be removed in winter 2023-24).
- Please note! No boat.
- Bring toilet paper and candles with you.
- The water is not tested annually, so we recommend that you boil the drinking water first.
- There is a recycling point at the rental hut. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- Keys can be picked up from:
- Ivalo: Ivalo River Camping (ivalorivercamping.com) camping area (Kerttuojantie 1, 99800 Ivalo (Inari), tel. +358 40 039 5046) or Ivalo Customer Service Point
- Inari: Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida.
- When picking up the keys you must have a receipt with you. The keys should be returned at the same place where they were collected from.
- Please check the opening hours by phone, from www-pages or by e-mail.
Summer trail: from the crossroads where the Sevettijärvi bar is located, drive for about 8.7 km towards Näätämö. At the foot of Jänispää Fell, on the left side of the road, you will find space to park your car and a starting point for the marked trail. The walking distance along the trail to the hut is about 5.3 km. The distance from the hut to the river is about 300 m. The trail from the parking space to the hut crosses the Jänispää Fell summit. The summer trail has been marked on trees and stones with orange signs.
Winter trail: from the village of Sevettijärvi, travel (along the marked snowmobile track) for about 6 km to Lake Sundeejärvi, from where a maintenance track that has been marked with twigs branches off. The maintenance track runs to Rautujärvi and further onwards to Lake Kontinpaistamajärvi and Kontinpaistamalampi Pond. The track has been marked in the terrain with diagonal crosses. You can park your car in the village of Sevettijärvi.
- Snowmobiling to the hut requires a cross-country traffic permit. You can buy the permit from the Siida Northern Lapland Nature Centre or from the Ivalo Customer Service. Please note! Acquire the permit about one week before going to the destination.
- Fishing: When fishing at flowing waters, you must have paid the fisheries management fee (eraluvat.fi), as well as the angling permit. Please note that there is a quota for the number of the fishing licences to be sold for River Näätämöjoki. You can buy fishing licences from Metsähallitus customer service points and from local entrepreneurs.
- Please note that there is no boat at the hut.
- It's recommended to take a first aid kit with you.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland. For more information contact Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida tel. int. +358 206 39 7740.