Jatkonsalmi Teräväpää Rental Hut
A loggers' cabin in the Hossa National Park, on the shore of Lake Jatkonjärvi. The hut is suitable for recreational and training events, as well as for camp activities. The Pääpirtti hut is located in the same yard.
- Rental season all year round.
- 150 €/night + 10 € handling cost, 1,050 €/week + 10 € handling cost (the prices include VAT 10%).
- The Teräväpää hut has a combined kitchen and living area, as well as two rooms. Both rooms have three bunkbeds.
- Electric lighting, electric heating, a fireplace, indoor toilets. No television.
- In the kitchen: an oven/cooker, a refrigerator‒freezer, a dishwasher, a microwave oven and a coffeemaker.
- In the yard: a lakeside sauna (including showers and an electric sauna stove), a covered BBQ area, a smoker, a boat, a campfire site and electricity sockets for cars. All of these are shared with those staying at the Pääpirtti Rental Hut.
- A good swimming shore.
- Teräväpää is not accessible.
- Meal and programme services can be ordered from the visitor centre, for example.
Information on collecting the key
- Hossa Visitor Centre, Jatkonsalmentie 6, 89920 Ruhtinansalmi
- When collecting the key, the customer must present the receipt of the paid hut rent.
- The key must be returned to its collection point.
- Keys are not delivered by post.
- Address: Jatkonsalmentie 42, Suomussalmi
- After the Hossa Visitor Centre, drive along Jatkonsalmentie Road for about 4 km. The road ends at the Jatkonsalmi yard. Teräväpää is the smaller red log building.
- Coordinates for Jatkonsalmi: WGS84 lat: 27.8916 lon: 27.4361, ETRS-TM35FIN: n=7262485 E=613836
- Distances: Hossa Visitor Centre 4 km, the village of Hossa 9 km and Juntusranta about 36 km. The closest neighbour is located in the same yard.
You can drive to the yard of the hut. Not accessible.
- If the hut has not been cleaned or things are not as they should, please immediately contact the maintenance services of the hut upon arrival.
- Hossa Visitor Centre rents out linen. Other visitor centre services: a café‒restaurant, maps and brochures, guided excursions and equipment rental (boats, canoes, kayaks as well as hiking and fishing gear).
- The area boasts 90 km of marked hiking trails and 60 km of cross-country skiing trails. The terrain is ideal for exercising.
- Sights at Hossa: Värikallio Rock Paintings (in Finnish) and the Lounatkoski mill (in Finnish).
- Fishing and hunting:
- It is allowed to bring pets in the hut.
- Safety on hiking