Huhtiniemi House, For shepherds
Rental hut is only for shepherds in 2021. The size of the house is 94 m², ideal for 6 persons. The house has a living room-kitchen and two bedrooms. Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland``s National terms of Reservation and the guidelines on using Rental Huts apply at Huhtiniemi.
- Eastern Finland, South Savo, Enonkoski (enonkoski.fi, in Finnish), Kolovesi National Park
- Huhtiniemi House is on the mainland in Huhtiniemi, close to Lake Kolovesi.
- Rekitaipaleentie 487, 58180 Ihamaniemi
- Huhtiniemi house, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 62° 13.253' lon: 28° 49.111' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6900114 E: 594550
- Location: Excursionmap.fi
- Map of Kolovesi National Park
- Vesiretkeilykartasto Keskinen Saimaa, 1: 50 000
- Map sheet Kolovesi - Linnansaari, 1:50 000
- Terrain map N523, 1:50 000
- The distance from Enonkoski to Huhtiniemi is 24 km. From Enonkoski centre, drive north for 13 km on road no. 471, take the Hanhivirta ferry to the junction of Vääräntauksen tie road. There is a sign leading to the Käkövesi information point of Kolovesi National Park. Drive for 6.1 km along Vääräntauksentie road, and turn left onto Rekitaipaleentie road. Drive along the Rekitaipaleentie road for 4.8 km, and turn right onto the road leading to the hut, which has a barrier and sign for the Kolovesi National Park. Take the right-hand branch of the road to the hut, about 500 metres away.
- The Huhtiniemi shoreline is accessible by canoe, rowing boat or electric motor boat. Motor boats may not enter the southern part of Kolovesi National Park.
By Public Transportation
- Kolovesi National Park is not accessible by public transport and there are no regular bus services to the park. Some bus services run to Enonkoski from Savonlinna and Heinävesi. Always check the timetables at matkahuolto.fi. The distance to Enonkoski is about 33 km from Savonlinna and 55 km from Heinävesi.
- Shepherds`season 17.5.-20.9.2021
- Rental day 14:00-12:00
- 550 €/shepherd week
- The prices incl. VAT 10 %
- Information concerning the keys will be provided after making the reservation.
- The hut provides lodging in a single bed in the kitchen-living room, two beds in one bedroom, a bunk bed and a single bed in the other bedroom (equipped with mattresses, pillows and blankets, but no bed linen or towels provided), solar-powered electric lights and refrigerator and a gas stove. Cooking utensils and tableware for 6 people. Wood-burning ovens in the kitchen-living room and bedrooms. No basic heating. Please note that it will take some time for the hut to warm up.
- The yard offers a wood-burning sauna, a traditional cellar, a campfire site, a well and a dry toilet adjacent to the cowhouse.
- The southeast-facing shore is about a 100 metres away from the sauna in the yard. The sandy beach is shallow. A rowing boat is provided for tenants. No jetty.
- Please leave no litter or other traces of your visit.
- The keys to the hut open the barrier on the road leading to the yard.
- There is no jetty by the shore at Huhtiniemi.
- Not suitable for the disabled.
- Tenants are responsible for cleaning the house before they leave.
- The water drawn from the well must be boiled when used for cooking and as drinking water.
- No toilet paper available.
- There is no basic heating in the house.
- No pets allowed.
- Lighting fire at the yard` s campfire site is forbidden if the forest or grass fire warnings are in effect (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).