Hossaari Rental Hut
Rental Hut, 6 + 0 people, 75 m², the main room and two bedrooms.
Rental period 1 June ‒ 30 Sept.
Reservations on web store (eraluvat.fi).
The booking conditions for the Hossaari Rental Hut. Please see the place for collecting the keys.
- Rental period 1 June ‒ 30 Sept
- Prices 80 €/night, 560 €/week.
- Midsummer Thu-Sun, a total of 320 €. The prices include VAT (10%).
- A large main room, two bedrooms, a kitchen and a spacious porch.
- Candles, a gas cooker, a wood-burning stove, a cellar, an LPG refrigerator, an open fireplace, water from the lake, a dry toilet.
- The lake water must be boiled before using it for food. If necessary, you can get drinking water from the visitor centre.
- A lakeshore sauna (30 m²), including a fireplace room.
- A good swimming shore.
- A boat and life jackets (take them with you from the Hossa Visitor Centre when collecting the key), a jetty.
- A campfire site, a smoker.
Information on collecting the key
- There is a key box next to the front door of the hut. The box code will be sent to the tenant's mobile phone a couple of days before the booking period starts. If you make a reservation on the day of arrival, please call or send an e-mail to Kuhmo Visitor Centre Petola, tel. +358 206 39 6380, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The key must be returned to its collection point.
- Keys are not delivered by post.
- Address: Jatkonsalmentie 14 b, Suomussalmi
- After the Hossa Visitor Centre, drive along Jatkonsalmentie Road for about 1 km. Thereafter, turn to the left and continue along the road that runs to Seipiniemi. Drive along the road for about 700 m, the parking area and the boat storage site are on the right.
- Coordinates for the Hossaari Rental Hut: WGS84 lat: 27.5345 lon: 30.3198, ETRS-TM35FIN: n=7261910 E=616088
- Distances: Hossa Visitor Centre 2 km, the village of Hossa 7 km and Juntusranta about 34 km.
- There are no other cottages on the island. The distance to the Seipiniemi Camping Site is about 400 m.
By Car and by Boat
You can drive to the boat storage site. The rowing distance to the island is 350 m.
- The hut will not be pre-heated before the beginning of the booking period. Due to the long distances, the maintenance services are not able to check the condition of the hut after the rental period of each customer. If the hut has not been cleaned or things are not as they should, please immediately contact the maintenance services of the hut upon arrival.
- Hossa Visitor Centre rents out linen. Other visitor centre services: a café‒restaurant, maps and brochures, guided excursions and equipment rental (boats, canoes, kayaks as well as hiking and fishing gear).
- The area boasts 90 km of marked hiking trails and 60 km of cross-country skiing trails. The terrain is ideal for exercising.
- Sights at Hossa: Värikallio Rock Paintings (in Finnish) and the Lounatkoski mill (in Finnish).
- Fishing and hunting:
- Safety on hiking