Hiidenmaa Farm, for shepherds
Rental Hut, for a maximum of 10 persons, 3 rooms and kitchen on the veranda. Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland``s National terms of Reservation and the guidelines on using Rental Huts apply at Huhtiniemi.
The Shepherd Weeks 2022: shepherds are selected by lottery by the end of February.
- Eastern Finland, South Savo, Anttola, Neitvuori-Luonteri
- Hiidenmaan Farm, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 61° 40.0603' lon: 27° 44.4404' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6837382 E: 539215
- The distance to the hut is 23 km from Anttola, 37 km from Mikkeli and 45 km from Juva.
- Address: Neitvuorentie 660, 52100 Anttola (hut is right next to Neitvuorentie Road)
Access by car next to the rental hut (the Hiidenmaa farm parking area is 200 metres away from the rental hut). Type the address (Neitvuorentie 660, 52100 Anttola, by the Neitvuorentie road) into your navigator for directions from Anttola and Mikkeli/Juva.
By Boat or Canoe
The rental hut is also accessible by boat or canoe. The Hiidenlahti excursion harbour is about 350 m from the hut. Hiidenlahti excursion harbour (61°39,99' 27°44,81'). The nearest guest harbour is situated in Anttola (61°35,0' 27°39,4').
From the direction of Mikkeli, the Hiidenmaa farm is also accessible by bicycle, partly along a paved road and partly along an idyllic sandy country road. The cycling route from Mikkeli to Neitvuori is about 40 km long.
The precise location of the hut: Excursionmap.fi
Map of Neitvuori-Luonteri (luontoon.fi, in Finnish)
- The Shepherd Weeks (Mon-Mon) during 16.5.-19.9.2022, price 540 € (incl. VAT 10%) / week.
- Instructions for obtaining the keys will be provided for selected shepherds before their arrival.
- Beds, mattresses and pillows for 10 people (as some beds are 120 cm wide, they can accommodate 2 persons generously side by side).
- A baking oven in the common room / kitchen, a round fireplace in one bedroom and a wood-burning stove in the other. Please note that it will take some time for the hut to warm up.
- A gas stove in the veranda kitchen.
- A gas-burning refrigerator.
- Crockery and cutlery are provided. A cool cellar space is available for storage.
- In the yard, there is a wood-heated sauna and barbecue/campfire site and a dry toilet.
- A rowboat available for tenants.
- Please hike responsibly and leave no litter or other traces of your visit.
- Leave the premises as you would wish to find them on arrival – clean up after yourself.
- An opportunity for ecological management work and making firewood.
- There is no electricity on site.
- Luonteri Lake is approximately 200 metres away.
- As there are marked trails in the area, other hikers and groups move about there.
- Hiking trails to Neitvuori and the Hiidenmaa trail network pass by the yard.
- You must bring along all of your own drinking water.
- The rental hut was refurbished in 2014.
- Safety on hiking
- Lighting campfires is allowed only at campfire sites. When there are forest or grass fire warnings (ilmatieteenlaitos.fi/en) in effect, lighting fire is forbidden
Maintenance and Management
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- For more information contact Metsähallitus, Mikkeli, Jussi Järvinen, tel. +358 401851886