Palosaari Rental Hut
The atmospheric forest ranger’s farm in Palosaari is an ideal place for group and family gatherings. Preserving the farm's 19th century spirit was a key consideration when renovating the farm and the farmhouse which was built in 1861. The house has five rooms and a kitchen. A separate sauna building houses two twin rooms, sauna with an electric stove, two changing rooms, lounge with a fireplace and two toilets. There is also a smoke sauna (heated on request) and a campfire site in the same courtyard. Palosaari has an optical fiber network connection.
Palosaari has often served as the location for youth camps and the training of game and forestry professionals and students.
Rental cabin for 16 persons / 80 m2.
The cabin has five rooms and a kitchen. The sauna building houses the sauna facilities, two two-person bedrooms and a fireplace lounge. The cabin is available for rent from March to December.
Western Finland, Northern Ostrobothnia, Pyhäjoki.
Address: Palosaarentie 107, 86100 Pyhäjoki, Finland.
Driving directions: From Vihanti, drive 14 km towards Pyhäjoki and turn at the street sign on road 790 that reads Palosaarentie.
Distances: Oulainen 25 km, Vihanti 14 km, Oulunsalo 80 km, Raahe 50 km, Oulu airport 90 km. The closest railway station is in Vihanti 14 km away. 60 km to Kalajoki's Hiekkasärkät Sand Dunes.
- 290 e/day. The price includes the rent of the main cabin and the sauna building.
- Daylight or evening use 200 e. The price includes the rent of the main cabin and the sauna building.
- Bedlinen (sheets + towel) is available for a separate charge of €20 /person.
- Smoke sauna heated 220 e.
- Cleaning after rent time 145 e.
Available from March to December
- Electric heating.
- The kitchen is equipped with a microwave oven, coffeemaker, water kettle, two freezer refrigerators, a dishwasher and an electric stove.
- The farmhouse has an open fireplace, video projector, TV, AV-equipment, optical fiber network connection and WC.
- The sauna building has a roomy fireplace lounge, two bedrooms, two changing rooms, an electric sauna and two WCs.
The keys can be picked up at a nearby ST1 service station in exchange for a receipt of payment. The address of the service station is Vanha kantatie, Vihanti (tel. +358 8 280 4500) or K-Market Pyhäjoki, Vanhatie 44, Pyhäjoki. Please check the service station's opening hours online or call in advance before picking up the keys.
- The keys are to be returned to the same place.
- Palosaari is equipped with burglar alarms and the deactivation instructions are given with the keys.
- The rental period begins at 2 PM and ends at noon the following day. The renters are responsible for cleaning after themselves. A final cleaning service can be provided for an additional charge. See the prices.
- The yard has a fireplace site, a kennel and a smoke sauna that can be heated on order.
- The Metsänvartijan luontopolku trail (the Ranger's Nature Trail) in the nearby forest offers many interesting tasks to complete. It is recommended to use rubber boots on the nature trail.
- The yard is accessible by car during the rental period (April-December).
- It is allowed to bring pets in the hut but not in the sauna building.
Eija Törmäkangas, tel. +358 50 321 9133.