Mäntysalonkämppä, Rental Hut
Rental Hut, 120 m2. A large common room, kitchen and bedroom. Accommodation for 12 people in bunk beds in the common room, four in the bedroom.
Bookings from web shop eraluvat.fi or from service number +358 20 69 2424.
Mäntysalonkämppä rental hut. Photo: Anne Pyykönen.
The kitchen of the Mäntysalonkämppä hut. Photo: Anne Pyykönen.
The common room of the Mäntysalonkämppä hut. Photo: Anne Pyykönen.
The sauna by the lakeside. Photo: Anne Pyykönen.
The campfire site. Photo: Miina Auttila.
Photo: Tiina Linsén.
Photo: Tiina Linsén.
Mäntysalonkämppä rental hut is situated on the eastern shore of Mäntysalo Island on the northern end of Kolovesi National Park. The hut, an old loggers' cabin built in 1940, was restored for its current purpose in 2006-2007.
- Eastern Finland, North Karelia Region, Heinävesi, Kolovesi National Park
- Mäntysalonkämppä, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 62° 17.7689' lon: 28° 46.3476' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6908431 E: 591925
- The Mäntysalonkämppä hut is situated on an island, and tenants must arrange passage from the mainland to the island independently.
- Map of Kolovesi National Park
- Map sheet Kolovesi - Linnansaari, 1:50 000
- Terrain map N532, 1:50 000
- It is about 15 km from the municipality of Enonkoski to the boat launching place of Käkövesi, where there in an information board with a map. The way is signposted from the centre of Enonkoski, from where you need to continue in the road no 471 to the ferry over Hanhivirta and onto the fork of the road going to Käkövesi boat launching place, where there is a brown and white sign to Kolovesi National Park Käkövesi. There is a parking area at Käkövesi boat launching place. Parking area is not ploughed in winter.
- The Kirkkoranta guidance and boat launching site is also accessible from road no. 471. Kirkkoranta is 25 km from Enonkoski, approximately 23 km from Savonranta and around 30 km from Heinävesi. A sign for the Kolovesi National Park stands at the crossroads for Kirkkoranta. There is a parking area at the end of the road.
- The Kolovesi National Park is not accessible by public transport and there are no regular bus services to the park. Some coach services run to Enonkoski from Savonlinna and Heinävesi. Always check the timetables (matkahuolto.fi). Enonkoski is about 33 km from Savonlinna and 55 km from Heinävesi.
- The hut is accessible from the south by canoe, rowing boat or electric motor boat. Motor boats may not enter the southern part of Kolovesi National Park. The hut is approximately 17 km away from the Käkövesi guidance and boat launching site and approximately 9 km from the Kirkkoranta guidance and boat launching site.
- From the north, the hut is accessible from the boat route, the so-called Heinävesi route across the northern part of the national park. The hut is approximately 2.5 km away from the route. From the north, the hut is also accessible by motor boat.
- Available by reservation from 26 May to 1 October 2023.
- Rental time 14:00–12:00
- 100€/day - 500€/week (incl. VAT 10%)
- Information concerning the keys will be provided after making the reservation.
- Bunk beds (mattresses, pillows and quilts, no bedlinen or towels provided), gas stove and fridge. Cooking utensils and tableware for 16 people. Wood-burning oven in the kitchen-living room. No basic heating. Please note that it will take some time for the hut to warm up.
- The yard offers a campfire site, a dry toilet and a well. The quality of the water in the well has been analysed and boiling is recommended before using it as drinking water.
- There is a jetty for boats and canoes/kayaks by the shore. Water by the shore deepens quickly. The lakeside sauna is wood-heated.
- There are no waste containers at the hut. According to Metsähallitus principles, waste management at the hut is based on self-management of waste: hikers may burn all combustible waste in the fire and dispose of biodegradable waste in the composting toilet. Other waste must be brought by hikers to recycling points. Read more about Hiking without Littering.
- A 1.7 km connecting path runs from the hut to the Mäntysalo nature trail. The Mäntysalo nature trail is 3.8 km long.
- In the winter, 1.1.-30.4., it is forbidden to enter any of the islands (including Mäntysalo) in the park.
- The water drawn from the well must be boiled when used for cooking and as drinking water.
- There are no accessible services in the hut.
- There is no basic heating in the hut.
- No toilet paper available.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
- Lighting fire at the yard `s campfire site is forbidden if the forest or grass fire warnings are in effect (ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).
- Safety on hiking
Maintenance and Management
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland
- For more information:
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.