Ahinmaja Rental Hut
Ahinmaja rental hut is located by the Lake Isonkankaanjärvi, in Sanginjoki Nature Reserve, next to the Isokankaankierros Trail.
Rental hut, 4 ppl, 35 m2
NOTICE. Ahinmaja rental hut is closed from 1st of April to 30th of October 2024 due to the construction of the Isonkankaanjärvi campfire site and the new parking area, as well as the new road alignment. To ensure safety, Isokankaantie road is closed during the construction work.
75 € / day
Reservation starts at 2pm and ends next day at 12
- North-Ostrobothnia, Oulu, Sanginjoki Nature Reserve.
- Ahinmaja rental hut is located in Sanginjoki Nature Reserve by the shore of Isonkankaanjärvi lake. The closet parking place is in Isonkankaantie road, approximately 200 m away from the hut. The gravel trail to the hut is wide and even.
- Coordinates: Euref-Fin (~WGS84): 65° 00.130', 25° 52.150' ETRS-TM35FIN: 7209173, 446681
- Basic Map Sanginjoki R4431 1:25 000. Maanmittauslaitos 2015.
Keys for the rental hut are available in the key cabinet located next to the door. You'll recieve the code by email after reservation. You will recieve the code by email after making the reservation.
Heating and light
Wood stove heating. Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm. No electricity. A fire extinguisher, a fireblanket, and a smoke alarm.
A gas cooker and basic crockery for 4 persons.
You must bring your own drinking water, use the water from the lake only for bathing and washing the dishes. Use of the natural waters as drinking water is at your own risk. Familiarize yourself with the drinking water- section in the ABC of Hiking.
Mattresses, pillows and blankets for 4 people. One bed is a bunk bed.
The wood heated sauna is accessed from the hut. To prevent moisture and heat entering the hut, ventilate the sauna by opening the sauna window after use.
There is an ice saw in the hut which can be used to break the lake's ice layer in winter to get washing water. Make the opening slightly away from the dock. In this way, the structures remain intact.
An outhouse. Bring your own toilet paper.
There is no waste management. Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Small amounts of compostable waste can be disposed in the dry toilet. Small amounts of dry and clean paper or cardboard can be used as a kindling. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- Outside there is a campfire place, a woodshed, dry toilet, a jetty, a rowing boat with life vests for two adults.
- Clean the hut after your stay.
- The campfire site next to the hut is for the renter's use. The closest campfire site open for everyone is the Isokankaanjärvi lean-to shelter.
- Pets are allowed but do not let the pets sleep in the beds.