Ahmatupa Rental Hut
Rental hut, 1-8 people. A separate sauna building.
- Booking from our online shop (eraluvat.fi)
- Syöte Visitor Centre, Erätie 1, 93280 Syöte, tel. +358 20 639 6550 or syote(at)metsa.fi
Price 75 € per day.
Ahmatupa is located in Syöte National Park in a spruce forest on the southern slope of Ahmavaara Hill on the banks of the River Ahmaoja, which flows into the River Pärjänjoki. The round-log hut was built in 1989 and renovated in 2002. There is an open wilderness hut at the opposite end of the same building. There is a sauna at the yard for those staying at the rental hut.
Oulu region and Kainuu, North Ostrobothnia, Pudasjärvi, Syöte National Park, on the northern side of the River Pärjänjoki, by the banks of the River Ahmaoja.
The hut is located in the centre of the national park, so you must travel there by foot or on skis for about 8 km. It is recommended that you set off for the trip from the Syöte Visitor Centre, the yard of which functions as the starting point for the skiing and hiking trails to the Ahmatupa Hut.
- 75 € per night
- The hut has a heating stove, a gas cooker and gaslight. No electricity! Basic crockery in the kitchen/main room: a saucepan, a frying pan, a coffee pot, cutlery, etc. There are 3 bunk beds at the hut and loft space for 4 people. Mattresses, pillows and blankets for 8 people.
- There is an open wilderness hut at the opposite end of the same building. A woodshed, a dry toilet and two doghouses are available at the yard. The campfire hut made of logs is available to everybody. There is a sauna on the opposite bank of the brook for those staying at the reservable hut.
- Drinking water is taken from the well and water for washing from the brook.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- Syöte National Park follows the principles of Hiking without Littering. Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Keys for the Ahmatupa rental hut are available in the key cabinet located beside the door of the Ahmatupa hut. You'll recieve the code by email after reservation.
- During the high season from February–April, there are a lot of skiers on the Ahmatupa skiing trail during the day and there is a wilderness café at the open wilderness hut.
- You may bring pets to the hut.
- Safety on hiking.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, Pudasjärvi.
For more information contact
Syöte Visitor Centre tel. int. +358 0206 39 6550.
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.