Valtavaara Day Trip Hut
This hut was originally a fire guard's hut. It is situated on Valtavaara, the highest hill in Kuusamo. It is on Karhunkierros Trail, 4 km from Rukatunturi Fell, and by the Valtavaara Ski Trail.
Valtavaara, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 66° 11.2080' lon: 29° 11.5117' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7342459 E: 598736
- The nearest dry toilet is located in 300 meters from the hut, down the slope at Valtavaara campfire shelter ("Valtavaaran kota").
- No stove. The stove was removed in January 2020 to protect the historically valuable hut.
No trash bins. Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- Pets are allowed in the hut.
- Safety on hiking
Information for Companies and Big Groups
Do you plan to organize guided excursions to the Finnish National Parks or other protected areas? It is possible due to partnership agreement with Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- Sustainable Tourism in Protected areas in Finland (pdf 3,96 Mt, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Please, contact kirjaamo(at)metsa.fi