Soikkeli Rental Hut
- Eastern Finland, North Karelia Region, Municipality of Lieksa, Koli National Park.
- Soikkeli, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 63° 01.6867' lon: 29° 56.2499' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6992117 E: 648610
- Rantatie 131, 83960 Koli
Soikkeli is located in the southern part of the Koli National Park on the slope of the hill. The walking distance from the Rantatie road to the hut along the footpath is roughly 250 m, and the distance from the hut to the Herajärven kierros Trail and Turusenautio traditional landscape is some 600 metres.
Via Koli village:
From Koli Nature Centre Ukko, drive downwards along Ylä-Kolintie road for 2 km and turn right towards the Koli village. Distance from the Nature Centre to the Koli village is altogether 3,6 km. When you reach the village, turn right onto Merilänrannantie towards Loma-Koli and drive for roughly 1 km, then turn right onto Rantatie road and continue for another 1 km until you reach the harbor. After Koli Harbour, continue south along Rantatie and Vesivaarantie for roughly 12 km. You can park your car at the lay-by at the crossing of the road and path. Take the track to the left and walk for 300 metres, until you arrive at the Soikkeli Hut.
- Koli National Park map
- Outdoor and servicemap of Koli 1:20 000 / 1:50 000
- Terrain map P532, 1:50 000
Prize group A (15.5.-12.6. and 29.8.-30.9.)
1st day 42 €
2nd–7th day 34 €
Prize group B (13.6.-28.8.)
1st day 50 €
2nd–7th day 40 €
Rental time 14:00–12:00.
No reservations longer than one week at a time.
Keys to the Soikkeli rental hut will be placed in the key box next to the door of the hut. A 4-digit key combination for opening the key box will be sent to you no later than two days before the beginning of your reservation.The combination will be sent to the phone number or e-mail address provided when making the booking. Leave the keys in the same key box when you leave after your stay.
- A double pull-out bed, 2 mattresses and pillows but no linen.
- A traditional baking oven, kettles, frying pan and tableware, solar panel powered lights and charging facility (USB socket), outdoor dry toilet.
- Visitors must bring their own drinking water (available e.g., at Koli Nature Centre Ukko).
- Dishwashing liquid, spices, fire-making equipment and toilet paper are not included.
- Please leave no litter or other traces of your visit.
- The hut is not suited for the disabled.
- Pets are permitted in the hut.
- Camping in the yard is prohibited.
- It takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- Safety on hiking
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, tel. int. +358 206 39 5654.