Soikkeli Rental Hut
Rental Hut, for 2 persons, 26 m², 1 room, cold vestibule
The reservations from our webshop (verkkokauppa.eraluvat.fi). Terms of reservation for the rental hut. Available for rent 15th April – 30th September.
- Eastern Finland, North Karelia Region, Municipality of Lieksa, Koli National Park.
- Soikkeli, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 63° 01.6867' lon: 29° 56.2499' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6992117 E: 648610
- Rantatie 131, 83960 Koli
Soikkeli is located in the southern part of the Koli National Park on the slope of the hill. The walking distance from the Rantatie road to the hut along the footpath is roughly 250 m, and the distance from the hut to the Herajärven kierros Trail and Turusenautio traditional landscape is some 600 metres.
Via Koli village:
From Koli Nature Centre Ukko, drive downwards along Ylä-Kolintie road for 2 km and turn right towards the Koli village. Distance from the Nature Centre to the Koli village is altogether 3,6 km. When you reach the village, turn right onto Merilänrannantie towards Loma-Koli and drive for roughly 1 km, then turn right onto Rantatie road and continue for another 1 km until you reach the harbor. After Koli Harbour, continue south along Rantatie and Vesivaarantie for roughly 12 km. You can park your car at the lay-by at the crossing of the road and path. Take the track to the left and walk for 300 metres, until you arrive at the Soikkeli Hut.
- Koli National Park map
- Outdoor and servicemap of Koli 1:20 000 / 1:50 000
- Terrain map P532, 1:50 000
Prize group A (15.5.-12.6. and 29.8.-30.9.)
1st day 42 €
2nd–7th day 34 €
Prize group B (13.6.-28.8.)
1st day 50 €
2nd–7th day 40 €
Rental time 14:00–12:00.
No reservations longer than one week at a time.
Keys to the rental hut are placed in the key box next to the door of the hut. The key box opens with a 4-digit key combination. Before the reservation, the key combination and other important information about the hut is sent to the e-mail address provided when making the booking (please also check the files attached and your spam folder). If you have not gotten the key combination at least two weekdays before the beginning of your reservation, please contact Koli Nature Centre Ukko.
When you arrive at the hut, enter the code in the box by rotating the numbers in the key box. Take the key from the box, unlock the lock of the hut and the lock of the next door leading inside the hut, and put the key back in the box. Roll the numbers back to zero again. Always keep the keys inside the key box, so they won’t get lost. At the end of the reservation, leave the keys in the same box.
- Visitors must bring their own domestic and drinking water with them. You can get water e.g. from Koli Nature Centre Ukko.
- A double pull-out bed, 2 mattresses and pillows but no linen.
- A traditional baking oven, kettles, frying pan and tableware.
- Solar panel powered lights and charging facility (USB socket).
- Outdoor dry toilet and a campfire place.
- Dishwashing liquid, spices, fire-making equipment and toilet paper are not included.
- Please check Koli National Park's What's New before arrival.
- Please leave no litter or other traces of your visit.
- There are no accessible services in the hut.
- Pets are permitted in the hut.
- Camping in the yard is prohibited.
- It takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- To ensure an undisturbed night's sleep, it is recommended to bring a mosquito net that fits over a sleeping bag.
- Safety on hiking.
Maintenance and Management
General customer service, customer feedback and maintenance:
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland,
Koli Nature Centre Ukko, tel. int. +358 40 7732442.
Booking, payments, and cancellations:
Eräluvat.fi Customer Service (verkkokauppa.eraluvat.fi)
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.